Players season ratings

Joe Hart: A-
Willy Caballero: B- (for the League Cup final alone)

Bacary Sagna: B+
Pablo Zabaleta: C+
Vincent Kompany: B-
Nicolas Otamendi: B-
Eliaquim Mangala: B-
Martin Demichelis: U
Gael Clichy: B+
Aleksandar Kolarov: C-

Yaya Toure: C+
Fernando: B-
Fernandinho: B-
Fabian Delph: B-
David Silva: C+
Jesus Navas: B-
Samir Nasri: N/A
Kevin De Bruyne: A-
Raheem Sterling: B-

Sergio Aguero: A-
Wilfried Bony: C+
Kelechi Iheanacho: A+

Hart - 8/10 : kept us in games in the CL singlehandedly and hasn't made too many glaring errors. Also Captain material displayed.
Willy - 5.5/10 - Hero in the League Cup throughout, disastrous in evey other competition. A nice guy but will,probably moved on.
Wright - N/A
Sagna - 7/10 - solid season defensively, contributes a little attacking wise and should,be kept on for one more year.
Zaba - 5/10 - time has caught up with him, as have injuries. Sad to see him probably leave. A Hero.
Mangala - 6/10 - started well, poor middle season, good end
Otamendi - 6.5/10 - give him the benefit of the doubt as its still,his first season. Shown glimpses of what he can do but goes down too easy
Kompany - 5.5/10 season wrecked by injuries. Been hot and cold when playing. Whenever he goes off it demoralizes the team.
MDM - 2.5/10 - not his fault his legs have gone.
Clichy - 6.5/10 - average throughout.
Kolarov - 3/10 - started ok, has regressed and regressed. Time to go. Poor work rate too
Fernando -7/10 - always liked him and showing what he can do. Not many people appreciate the work he does in order to try solidify us, and his work is effective if unspecstcular. Been amongst the goals recently.
Delph - 4/10 - never impressed me
Fernandinho 7.5/10 - could score more goals, and has been burnt out...again. Solid season overall
Yaya - 6.5/10 not as bad as people make out , scored a few winners and could do a job off the bench ala Lampard if his ego would let him. Probably will be moved on but hasn't been as bad as people say. Recent games are due to not being fully fit.
Silva - 6/10 - not really hit it this season has he?
Nasri - N/A - too few games to judge accurately...hopefully Wil stay as imo class on his day and he will be motivated for Peps first season (as he was upon first arrival and Pellegrinis first season)
KDB - 7.5/10 - good debut season, but when he plays badly, he plays very badly.
Sterling - 6/10 - started well and has faded drastically.
Navas - 6.5/10 - can't fault the commitment and defensive qualities.
-Nacho - 7/10 - good first season, still unproven vs big teams but has promising signs
Wilf - 5.5/10 - has been asked to play in the wrong position and this has affected him. Illness and injuries haven't helped, neither has the constant booing. The lad is only human and it will not help his confidence. Hopefully he will remain as 3rd striker next season as he could be used as a plan B. Unfortunately. Can't see him being a pep player, which is a shame because the lad Could have been our Drogba. Has still scored an ok amount and it was the big man who helped us get top spot in the CL group - his performance vs Sevilla and the changing of the game vs Gladbach.
Aguero 7.5/10 - scored quite a lot, but his movement has gone down a bit. I feel he could pass more frequently at times.

You must be fishing or you don't watch many games
I probably pay more attention than I should.
People are too busy being impressed by his ridiculous work rate to notice that some (not all) of his decision making when it comes to pressing, is very poorly thought out.

Off the top of my head, I can think of 4 or 5 important goals where his decision making let us down, leading directly to a goal against.

Leicester at home. He tries to engage Kante (without checking what is behind him) on the half way line, Kante easily skips by him and passes to Mahrez who runs into the space vacated by Dinho before scoring.

United at home. He tries to press on to a potential poor first touch on the half way line (turned out to be a great first touch) by Mata. Mata simply plays a 1-2 around him before running into the space vacated by Dinho, before passing to Rashford who scores.

Spurs home. Yaya is running through the middle with the ball. Dinho neglects to hold and ends up getting himself ahead of the ball. Yaya is tackled and Spurs are clean through on the backline. Lamela plays in Eriksen who scores.

PSG away. Loses Rabiot for a simple tap in.

Arsenal home. Doesn't track the 1-2 for the equaliser.

Those are crucial goals in massive games and that's off the top of my head. He's a good player, but he's also a total headless chicken at times. Sometimes it's great, sometimes it causes problems. I find it weird how Dinho seems totally exempt from any form of criticism on here.

Really? Then how do you explain Bony getting a rating of 6.32 in Sunday's game for about 15 mins appearance time as compared to Nacho's 6.18 for 70 minutes?

And why are the defender ratings horseshit? Can you actually give a meaningful reason? Do you know what they measure to get to those ratings?
That should be because Nacho did badly(in Whoscored's terms) that match.
They just even out the scores for every match, which means that the scores for every 5-10 minute appearance Nacho got, where it is hard to get meaningful statistical numbers, all get factored in as much as his full appearances. You can see on his page that his 22 sub appearances average to 6.22, while his 5 starts average much higher. There's also the factor that Cup games where he did well didn't get scored at all
On the defending, I don't have that info but won't Funes Mori, Kolarov and Jonny Evans being in the top 10 defenders with more than 20 appearances, while Huth and Alderweireld isn't, tell a bit about it?

Joe Hart: A-
Willy Caballero: B- (for the League Cup final alone)

Bacary Sagna: B+
Pablo Zabaleta: C+
Vincent Kompany: B-
Nicolas Otamendi: B-
Eliaquim Mangala: B-
Martin Demichelis: U
Gael Clichy: B+
Aleksandar Kolarov: C-

Yaya Toure: C+
Fernando: B-
Fernandinho: B-
Fabian Delph: B-
David Silva: C+
Jesus Navas: B-
Samir Nasri: N/A
Kevin De Bruyne: A-
Raheem Sterling: B-

Sergio Aguero: A-
Wilfried Bony: C+
Kelechi Iheanacho: A+

If I was Fernandinho and I got the same grade as Delph, Sterling and Mangala I would be changing schools ...also you rated Bony and Silva the same WTF ...Silva has not been the merlin we know but still same as Bony is a no no

Hart 7

Zaba 4
Sagna 7.5
Vinnie 6
Otamendi 6.5
Mangala 6
Demi 3
Clichy 7
Kolarov 3.5

Yaya 3
Delph 5
Fernando 7
Fernandinho 8.5
Navas 6
Nasri 7
Silva 6
Sterling 6
Kdb 8

Nacho 8
Aguero 8
Bony 3

It's a strange one mate. I think the goals tend to cloud the view of the casual fan, especially when it's a new player as it's exciting.

Me and the lad I go with were chatting on Sunday about how anonymous he was again, arguably even worse than in Madrid where he was close to a zero out of ten. Then he scores a wonder goal and you come on here and people are raving about him saying he should be man of the match!

He's capable of absolute brilliance, but he has so many anonymous games, anonymous periods, but people aren't too concerned about that if he score.

Yet, the stats sites ( who mainly take the OPTA data feed) made him man of the match against Arsenal. As one example, whoscored top-scored him with 9.37 out of 10. If you look at the underlying numbers he achieved in the game (and not just the goal) it is easy to see why. Maybe many of his other contributions in the game escaped you.

Hart - 8/10 : kept us in games in the CL singlehandedly and hasn't made too many glaring errors. Also Captain material displayed.
Willy - 5.5/10 - Hero in the League Cup throughout, disastrous in evey other competition. A nice guy but will,probably moved on.
Wright - N/A
Sagna - 7/10 - solid season defensively, contributes a little attacking wise and should,be kept on for one more year.
Zaba - 5/10 - time has caught up with him, as have injuries. Sad to see him probably leave. A Hero.
Mangala - 6/10 - started well, poor middle season, good end
Otamendi - 6.5/10 - give him the benefit of the doubt as its still,his first season. Shown glimpses of what he can do but goes down too easy
Kompany - 5.5/10 season wrecked by injuries. Been hot and cold when playing. Whenever he goes off it demoralizes the team.
MDM - 2.5/10 - not his fault his legs have gone.
Clichy - 6.5/10 - average throughout.
Kolarov - 3/10 - started ok, has regressed and regressed. Time to go. Poor work rate too
Fernando -7/10 - always liked him and showing what he can do. Not many people appreciate the work he does in order to try solidify us, and his work is effective if unspecstcular. Been amongst the goals recently.
Delph - 4/10 - never impressed me
Fernandinho 7.5/10 - could score more goals, and has been burnt out...again. Solid season overall
Yaya - 6.5/10 not as bad as people make out , scored a few winners and could do a job off the bench ala Lampard if his ego would let him. Probably will be moved on but hasn't been as bad as people say. Recent games are due to not being fully fit.
Silva - 6/10 - not really hit it this season has he?
Nasri - N/A - too few games to judge accurately...hopefully Wil stay as imo class on his day and he will be motivated for Peps first season (as he was upon first arrival and Pellegrinis first season)
KDB - 7.5/10 - good debut season, but when he plays badly, he plays very badly.
Sterling - 6/10 - started well and has faded drastically.
Navas - 6.5/10 - can't fault the commitment and defensive qualities.
-Nacho - 7/10 - good first season, still unproven vs big teams but has promising signs
Wilf - 5.5/10 - has been asked to play in the wrong position and this has affected him. Illness and injuries haven't helped, neither has the constant booing. The lad is only human and it will not help his confidence. Hopefully he will remain as 3rd striker next season as he could be used as a plan B. Unfortunately. Can't see him being a pep player, which is a shame because the lad Could have been our Drogba. Has still scored an ok amount and it was the big man who helped us get top spot in the CL group - his performance vs Sevilla and the changing of the game vs Gladbach.
Aguero 7.5/10 - scored quite a lot, but his movement has gone down a bit. I feel he could pass more frequently at times.
Bony gets quite a mention?
What constant booing?

The good:

Fernandinho
Aguero
Clichy
Sagna
Nacho
De Bruyne
Hart

The OK:

Silva
Nasri
Otamendi
Mangala
Fernando
Sterling
Delph
Kompany
Navas
Caballero

The bad:

Yaya
Bony
Kolarov
Demichelis
Zabaleta

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.