Nasri 7/10
Silva 5/10
Sterling 6/10
Delph 4/10
KDB 9/10

Nacho 7/10
Aguero 7/10
Bony 5/10

Seeing Iheanacho get rated higher than Fernandinho makes me laugh, thanks for all the chuckles.

Threads like these always just turn into an attack on the current boo boy. For that reason, i won't be scoring them, I'll simply only comment on the ones who can be reasonably happy with their personal season

Hart. Top quality throughout, At times seemed to be the only one that cared. He's replaced Zab as Mr Manchester City in my eyes
Sagna. Excellent season. Can't think of a single bad game he's had and for that reason he's my player of the year
Clichy. Another decent season. Doesn't set the world on fire but is reliable and has shown a bit more willingness going forward of late.
Fernando. Despite there still being some idiots sticking to their opinions of him based on last season he's proved many of the doubters wrong. Turned up for the big games when it matter most and does his job as well as anyone.
Fernandinho. Arguably our best player this year, stepped up his game when Yaya's influence on the team weakened. Shown he can offer much more to the team than simply being a good partner to get the best out of Yaya. Very excited to see him play under Pep he's everything Pep would want in that position and will have the added bonus from our perspective of the summer off to recharge.
KDB. A somewhat mixed debut season overall but one he can be very pleased with. Some phenomenal displays mixed in with him going completely missing for a few months. Far too reliant on him to produce something from nothing which isn't his fault at all. Needs to up his work rate but can only see him getting even better under Peps guidance
Kelechi. Couldn't really do much more to show he belongs at this level. A supreme talent
Aguero. never stops scoring, we'd be in big trouble without him. I actually think he's been sub par for a lot of our games this season, especially the big ones, A lot of that is partly due to him being isolated though. The thing is, he can be off his game and still be the best player on the pitch. underrated and taken for granted by so many. He'd be widely regarded as the third best player in the world if he played for Barca.

All the rest for varying reasons such as form/injuries/being played out of position/not given enough of a chance etc haven't done enough to be worthy of an individual mention.

Also how can anyone rate Nasri as a 1 or 2 when he has been injured for most of the season? Ridiculous.

I'd say it's ridiculous to give him anything more than that. He's been injured all season as you said, therefore he's been utterly useless to the team. It's no fault of his own and no reflection on him but in terms of contribution to the season he's offered us virtually nothing. I know I've just said i'm not scoring the players but he couldn't possibly warrant more than a 2 from anybody else purely on the basis of him having so few minutes on the pitch.

nice stat, scored in 15 league games, didn't score in 14 league games, so only goals in every other game. Out of those 15 games, 14 of those 24 league goals came in just 5 games. So he's had great games, but over the season I don't think he's been consistent enough, he hasn't looked close to full sharpness and he hasn't been the consistent match-winner he was in the past, especially last season when he carried us to 2nd.

Scored more than once: Newcastle (H) 5, Villa (H) 2, Chelsea (A) 3, West Ham (A) 2, Palace (H) 2.
Scored once: Stoke (H), Newcastle (A), Leicester (H), Sunderland (A), Bournemouth (A), West Brom (H), Watford (A), Chelsea (H), Liverpool (H) & Arsenal (H).
Didn't Score: Palace (A-Injured early) W, West Ham L, Spurs (A) L, Watford (H) W, Everton (A) W, Man Utd (H) L, Arsenal (A) L, Leicester (A) D (Yes we should have had a penalty), WBA (A) W, Everton (H) D, Tottenham (H) L, Liverpool (A) L, Norwich (A) D, Southampton (H) W.

Lots of games there he didn't score in we went on to lose or drop points in, 24 out of 42 in fact. Not expecting him to score every game, but it shows how his performances have been in fits and spurts this season rather than consistent goalscoring, and how important his contribution to our success. Just don't think he's been close to his best throughout the season.

You are doing Aguero a huge disservice in my opinion.

I think Kane hasn't scored in 20 league games this season and Vardy 16 league games .Last season Aguero didn't score in, I think, 16 league games. It's totally normal for top strikers NOT to score in lots of games.

If hypothetically Aguero had scored 6 goals less this season (knock 4 off for Newcastle and 2 off for Chelsea) his overall strike rate per minute played would still be better than Kane's.

Yes, it is a "nice stat" that Aguero has a strike rate of less than 99mins per goal this season. In fact it is only the 9th time in Premier League history it has been done for strikers who have scored over 15 goals in a season. Henry, Ronaldo, Torres, Drogba, RVP and Suarez have all done it but just once each from the many, many seasons they played in the PL. Aguero HAS DONE IT FOR THE 3RD SEASON IN A ROW. Truly amazing.

Fucking hell de bruyne has had an OK season and people acting like he's been player of the season

It's a strange one mate. I think the goals tend to cloud the view of the casual fan, especially when it's a new player as it's exciting.

Me and the lad I go with were chatting on Sunday about how anonymous he was again, arguably even worse than in Madrid where he was close to a zero out of ten. Then he scores a wonder goal and you come on here and people are raving about him saying he should be man of the match!

He's capable of absolute brilliance, but he has so many anonymous games, anonymous periods, but people aren't too concerned about that if he score.

You are doing Aguero a huge disservice in my opinion.

I think Kane hasn't scored in 20 league games this season and Vardy 16 league games .Last season Aguero didn't score in, I think, 16 league games. It's totally normal for top strikers NOT to score in lots of games.

If hypothetically Aguero had scored 6 goals less this season (knock 4 off for Newcastle and 2 off for Chelsea) his overall strike rate per minute played would still be better than Kane's.

Yes, it is a "nice stat" that Aguero has a strike rate of less than 99mins per goal this season. In fact it is only the 9th time in Premier League history it has been done for strikers who have scored over 15 goals in a season. Henry, Ronaldo, Torres, Drogba, RVP and Suarez have all done it but just once each from the many, many seasons they played in the PL. Aguero HAS DONE IT FOR THE 3RD SEASON IN A ROW. Truly amazing.

not been close to his best despite the goal record imo. For the star man he simply hasn't been the match winner enough, and in some key games he's gone completely missing till it's too late.

At least 50 other posters on here seem to think so.You either need a visit to SpecSavers or stop wumming.

I'm definitely not wumming just don't think any of our players have had a great season there's been to many games where all players have been poor! If I was awarding a mark for effort he'd get a 10 but I'm basing it on all round performance and for his poorness in possession of a football he gets a 6 for overall mark! All about opinion pal

POTY

1. Fernandinho - Has consistently performed well. POTY.

2. De Bruyne - Inconsistent but impactful. Periods where we relied upon him.

3. Aguero - Not at his best but goals are goals and he has 29 of them despite his own injuries and those of our playmakers.

4. Sagna - Has had a good season. Hope it's not a MDM situation with a big decline next season

5. Hart - Some superb performances. Some soft goals conceded. Needs to start catching crosses

Everyone else 6 or below. Some because they didn't play much (eg. Iheanacho, Clichy), others because they were poor (eg. Bony, Kolarov)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.