Players targeted / Leg breaker hack on Sterling and kdb

If anyone has a recording of the game, take a look at the reaction from his teammate as Murphy takes up his defensive position for the free kck...it’s a ‘well done, nice one and you got away with it’ handshake. Then Murphy switches to the left side immediately after, snidey bastard!

Bad challenge last night but I don't think he set out to hurt him and the game was a fairly clean one in general
This is a broader discussion, though.

Also, I think it was fairly clear he set out to hurt Ilkay—he was stupendously late, did not even make an effort to feign going for the ball (which was about 5 yards away by that time, anyway), went straight into the middle of Ilkay’s leg, and then was congratulated by teammates before switching side. All in the tenth minute of the match.

Other Newcastle players left boots on him, Kevin, Kun, and Sterling later, as well.

You watch how many times one is "left on" one of our players, after the ball has gone. Not all are as bad as the 3 being talked about.
Watch how many times KDB and Silva look up to the ref, after a player has continued into them, after the ball has gone.

So you think footballers in the heat of a game, in a split second decision leave a bit on us but behave differently to the opposition in similar moments against different sides? This madness is similar to teams try harder against us but go easy on utd paranoid nonsense.

So you think footballers in the heat of a game, in a split second decision leave a bit on us but behave differently to the opposition in similar moments against different sides? This madness is similar to teams try harder against us but go easy on utd paranoid nonsense.
Having played DM up to uni level I can absolutely confirm I have been told to leave it on several specific players, usually playmakers (though some times strikers) for “tactical” reasons. I imagine players at higher levels have been asked to do the same, especially when their team is at an extreme talent disadvantage.

I generally ignored the instructions, as they came from a Neanderthal of a coach that I only had for 6 months before he was sacked by the school for other off pitch transgressions. But I was actually benched for a few games as another player was much more open to executing the tactic. He ended up breaking his own ankle in a challenge later on... so, comeuppance, I suppose.

Having played DM up to uni level I can absolutely confirm I have been told to leave it on several specific players, usually playmakers (though some times strikers) for “tactical” reasons. I imagine players at higher levels have been asked to do the same, especially when their team is at an extreme talent disadvantage.

I generally ignored the instructions, as they came from a Neanderthal of a coach that I only had for 6 months before he was sacked by the school for other off pitch transgressions. But I was actually benched for a few games as another player was much more open to executing the tactic. He ended up breaking his own ankle in a challenge later on... so, comeuppance, I suppose.

Does your university manager now manage Newcastle as I am strugling with the relevance.

Teams are not going out to injure our players and not other teams. Yes managers may ask players to get tight, be physical but not to injure players as has been inferred by some.

Does your university manager now manage Newcastle as I am strugling with the relevance.

Teams are not going out to injure our players and not other teams. Yes managers may ask players to get tight, be physical but not to injure players as has been inferred by some.

I am sorry but I feel that you may be somewhat naive.

If you do not think that Arsenal rotated who kicked David Silva to put him out of the semi final then I think you are mistaken.

I think that now we are where we are players are trying to hurt our players and these are not clumsy tackles. These tackles are happening when the ball has long gone and not a mistimed tackle in a genuine attempt to get the ball which I would perfectly understand.

I understand you do not think there any agendas against City but 3 red card tackles in our last 2 games plus a tackle to injure Phil Foden tells me you are wrong I just hope nobody injures any of our players long term but if I was Pep I would highlight this issue every press conference to raise awareness

I am sorry but I feel that you may be somewhat naive.

If you do not think that Arsenal rotated who kicked David Silva to put him out of the semi final then I think you are mistaken.

I think that now we are where we are players are trying to hurt our players and these are not clumsy tackles. These tackles are happening when the ball has long gone and not a mistimed tackle in a genuine attempt to get the ball which I would perfectly understand.

I understand you do not think there any agendas against City but 3 red card tackles in our last 2 games plus a tackle to injure Phil Foden tells me you are wrong I just hope nobody injures any of our players long term but if I was Pep I would highlight this issue every press conference to raise awareness
You are correct in what you say

I’m afraid I agree with @chesterguy assessment of your perspective.

And it does matter if my old coach is on Newcastle’s staff or not, I was merely presenting concrete, first-hand evidence that it does happen in the sport and there is absolutely no reason to think it stops at the non-professional level.

Besides, there is plenty of video evidence to see it occurs in the Premier League, against our playmakers and others. My point still remains that I believe it is becoming a tactic regularly employed by the opposition specifically against us as they believe it is the only way to have a chance of stifling us and, based on previous officiating, is unlikely to be punished in a manner that would disadvantage them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.