Players targeted / Leg breaker hack on Sterling and kdb

The Newcastle captain was even quoted as saying they would give City a hard game, rough them up, foul them etc..we are perceived as playing beautiful football, teams are running out of options of how to deal with us, it’s no surprise that some teams will advocate using the tried and tested “ they don’t like it up’em “ approach.
Spurs certainly left plenty on us in several tackles, that they went unpunished means others will no doubt continue with this M.O. as refs did diddly squat about it. Compare this game to the opening few weeks when this kind of tackle was treated as a straight red.
Poch is Argentinian, and we all know how tough they are, and all have it in their locker, we only have to witness Aguero’s running feud with Sideshow Bob

I am sorry but I feel that you may be somewhat naive.

If you do not think that Arsenal rotated who kicked David Silva to put him out of the semi final then I think you are mistaken.

I think that now we are where we are players are trying to hurt our players and these are not clumsy tackles. These tackles are happening when the ball has long gone and not a mistimed tackle in a genuine attempt to get the ball which I would perfectly understand.

I understand you do not think there any agendas against City but 3 red card tackles in our last 2 games plus a tackle to injure Phil Foden tells me you are wrong I just hope nobody injures any of our players long term but if I was Pep I would highlight this issue every press conference to raise awareness

No absolutely fine to disagree. My issue with all these threads is this belief that somehow people behave and act differently against us in comparison to our peers. This extends to the media, Fa, Uefa, referees and now our opposition behave differently with regards trying to injure our playerd in comparison to other sides.

Most neutrals believe the majority of teams stand off city and I would tend to agree with this summation.

There have been a number of poor tackles of late, which should have been punished and I am happy for Pep to highlight it but no I do not think players would purposely try to injure our players or a manager such as Poch, Wenger, Benitez would use it as a deliberate tactic.

They are specifically targeting our players as a tactic & having seen how the refs are not pulling out red cards ( Ali, Kane , Murphy ) I expect more teams will do it & it's just a matter of time before one of our players is seriously injured. How happy Danny Murphy will be .

I’m afraid I agree with @chesterguy assessment of your perspective.

And it does matter if my old coach is on Newcastle’s staff or not, I was merely presenting concrete, first-hand evidence that it does happen in the sport and there is absolutely no reason to think it stops at the non-professional level.

Besides, there is plenty of video evidence to see it occurs in the Premier League, against our playmakers and others. My point still remains that I believe it is becoming a tactic regularly employed by the opposition specifically against us as they believe it is the only way to have a chance of stifling us and, based on previous officiating, is unlikely to be punished in a manner that would disadvantage them.

Course it happens pal as anyone who has ever played sunday league will know but that is completely different to football at professional level etc in the sense of committing the likes of fouls of late. They have been terrible and I doubt a fellow pro would purposely set out to risk serious injury to another player.

As for getting tighter, getting closer to players, being more forceful this does happen, of course it does. But this has certainly not been the case in recent matches where sides have had so little of the ball but yet so few fouls are committed. They are sitting deep rather than engaging with us.

Course it happens pal as anyone who has ever played sunday league will know but that is completely different to football at professional level etc in the sense of committing the likes of fouls of late. They have been terrible and I doubt a fellow pro would purposely set out to risk serious injury to another player.

As for getting tighter, getting closer to players, being more forceful this does happen, of course it does. But this has certainly not been the case in recent matches where sides have had so little of the ball but yet so few fouls are committed. They are sitting deep rather than engaging with us.
So you believe that professional players who are infinitely more competitive than you or I (many of whom have short fuses and are known to hold grudges), whose salary and prestige rests upon both their performance and the match outcome that follows from it, have an honour code that prevents them from doing what many other players at the lower levels of football do regularly (and people in other professions also do quite consistently)?

You have a lot of faith in footballers even in the face of quite a bit of evidence to the contrary, but I suppose I cannot fault that generally optimistic perspective, even if it borders on blind religious fervour.

You’re a much better bloke than me.

Having played DM up to uni level I can absolutely confirm I have been told to leave it on several specific players, usually playmakers (though some times strikers) for “tactical” reasons. I imagine players at higher levels have been asked to do the same, especially when their team is at an extreme talent disadvantage.

At Uni level I was told "Go and injure him"

So you believe that professional players who are infinitely more competitive than you or I (many of whom have short fuses and are known to hold grudges), whose salary and prestige rests upon both their performance and the match outcome that follows from it, have an honour code that prevents them from doing what many other players at the lower levels of football do regularly (and people in other professions also do quite consistently)?

You have a lot of faith in footballers even in the face of quite a bit of evidence to the contrary, but I suppose I cannot fault that generally optimistic perspective, even if it borders on blind religion.

You’re a much better bloke than me.
I think pro footballers would be more likely to do it, they know at worst their opponent will still be picking up a wage when injured, unlike a lot of amateurs that are self employed or working in trades.

I think pro footballers would be more likely to do it, they know at worst their opponent will still be picking up a wage when injured, unlike a lot of amateurs that are self employed or working in trades.
I agree. I also think they’re more likely to be able to veil it so it looks more accidental (not that any of Kane, Alli, or Murphy did that, but many others have against Nasri, Yaya, Silva, and KDB over the years).
At Uni level I was told "Go and injure him"
We should start the “Guilty Consoncious Ex-Footballers Club”. ;-)

I agree. I also think they’re more likely to be able to veil it so it looks more accidental (not that any of Kane, Alli, or Murphy did that, but many others have against Nasri, Yaya, Silva, and KDB over the years).

We should start the “Guilty Consoncious Ex-Footballers Club”. ;-)
Haha count me in, I took a few red cards for the team when the other team started taking the piss with tackles and booted round a fair few wingers I couldn't keep up with towards the end.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.