Players targeted / Leg breaker hack on Sterling and kdb

The question wasn't about other teams though was it. Are our players being targetted ? Yes, If you want to discuss other teams being targetted, then its a question for the general football forum.

Murphy, last night, deliberately went over the top on one of our players, hard to see it as anything else for me, same as ali against spurs, and these should be red card fouls, and they would be if our players did it, and if not picked up at the time, we would see retrospective action too.

Well the thread moved on and arguments about other clubs treatment and performances of refs was introduced. I hope they heed your advice re:general foutball forum.

Well the thread moved on and arguments about other clubs treatment and performances of refs was introduced. I hope they heed your advice re:general foutball forum.

Frank, maybe the thread should be "are quality footballers targeted". As you've pointed out it's not just our players but it impacts us more. It's almost as if they do a "clattenburg" & referee differently to protect the spectacle instead of upholding the laws.
Imagine if KDB had his career ended by Alli. However Alli did it the following week against Burnley but if he does it at the World Cup he'll be off that's a certainty.

That just sounds paranoid to me and I cannot think of why referees would officiate differently or players from the opposition would be more inclined to commit these fouls against us. I cannot see any evidence it is more likely to work against us, as were on a record points total, to support your argument. It just smacks of more conspiracies and City as a victim.
Sorry Frank, the word paranoid can only apply to your goodself. You cannot see the wood for the trees, our players are being targeted because we play the opposition off the pitch. Conflation of the two points that you espouse, firstly that it does not happen to other teams and secondly do you not think that other teams are not far and away better than their opponents like we are. I enjoy your posts but they do smack of "everybody is wrong except me".

Frank, maybe the thread should be "are quality footballers targeted". As you've pointed out it's not just our players but it impacts us more. It's almost as if they do a "clattenburg" & referee differently to protect the spectacle instead of upholding the laws.
Imagine if KDB had his career ended by Alli. However Alli did it the following week against Burnley but if he does it at the World Cup he'll be off that's a certainty.

That title would sit more comfortably with me as if memory serves me correct Eden Hazard has been the most fouled footballer these last couple of years.

No place in the game for Deli Allis tackle and I completely agree a tightening of the rules should apply.

I do think we view refs performances and see incidents through the prism of the club we support and similarly other fans see tackles and incidents as similar bias against their clubs. Too often we see decisions/cup draws/media articles against us as bias. This to me is just another strain of the same mindset.

Sorry Frank, the word paranoid can only apply to your goodself. You cannot see the wood for the trees, our players are being targeted because we play the opposition off the pitch. Conflation of the two points that you espouse, firstly that it does not happen to other teams and secondly do you not think that other teams are not far and away better than their opponents like we are. I enjoy your posts but they do smack of "everybody is wrong except me".

No need to apologise as much as I think others are wrong I have no issue with people having the same opinion about my views.

I would ask you this though how often have you heard pundits, fans leaving the etihad commentating the match was like a training session? It hardly fits with the narrative the opposition are flying into challenges, engaging with us in midfield etc.

If anything the tactics this year have been too defend deep and close off space rather than rough us up. I just do not see the belief thst this tactic and refs overlooking incidents is consistent with the overall story of the season.

Glad you enjoy my posts. Thereis a first for everything.

That title would sit more comfortably with me as if memory serves me correct Eden Hazard has been the most fouled footballer these last couple of years.

No place in the game for Deli Allis tackle and I completely agree a tightening of the rules should apply.

I do think we view refs performances and see incidents through the prism of the club we support and similarly other fans see tackles and incidents as similar bias against their clubs. Too often we see decisions/cup draws/media articles against us as bias. This to me is just another strain of the same mindset.
I won’t be changing the title of this thread as City is the focus of the discussion (as have all of my comments).

Feel free to start a new one about targeted fouling in the General Football Forum, though, I’d gladly contribute to that discussion.

I won’t be changing the title of this thread as City is the focus of the discussion (as have all of my comments).

Feel free to start a new one about targeted fouling in the General Football Forum, though, I’d gladly contribute to that discussion.

No you do not need to. Its fine as it is and the people who think its specific to us and others who think its a broader issue is actually a similar split. It provides a topic of debate.

No need to apologise as much as I think others are wrong I have no issue with people having the same opinion about my views.

I would ask you this though how often have you heard pundits, fans leaving the etihad commentating the match was like a training session? It hardly fits with the narrative the opposition are flying into challenges, engaging with us in midfield etc.

If anything the tactics this year have been too defend deep and close off space rather than rough us up. I just do not see the belief thst this tactic and refs overlooking incidents is consistent with the overall story of the season.

Glad you enjoy my posts. Thereis a first for everything.
I do enjoy your missives, it would be a strange world if we all agreed about everything all the time. Taken in context what I think you are saying that if the majority of the time our opponents are not out to maim us but the last three assaults (Kane,Alli and Murphy) were not within the rules of the game we love and I cannot see why the ultimate sanctions were not employed.

Seeing as the last time we could see our training pitches Lescott, Kolo, Micah, Balotelli and Mancini were kicking fuck out of each other for going overboard in tackles...

the last three assaults (Kane,Alli and Murphy) were not within the rules of the game we love and I cannot see why the ultimate sanctions were not employed.
Ultimate sanctions would be a bit harsh, the only one I actually think deserves the death penalty there is Alli.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.