Players targeted / Leg breaker hack on Sterling and kdb

Frank

I enjoy your posts but it seems to me you quite enjoy being contrary

I will tell you that a player Pogba stated "I hope - and it's bad to say things like this - but I hope they will get some very important players injured". Danny Murphy stated "But not one Swansea player got a yellow card. Some people would say 'good discipline' — I don't. I think you've got to be trying to get in their faces. A few badly-timed tackles and a few bits of indiscipline... I don't mind that from my players." Now you can argue about the tone but the comments are out there and these are and were professional footballers if they are saying such things in the media what is being said behind closed doors

Those are very recent comments and since then we have had Foden injured and 3 red cards that should have been shown coincidence? This place would be in meltdown if we had lost Sterling De Bruyne and Gundogan to season ending injuries in the space of 3 games.

All I want to see is that late tackles are clamped down on and dealt with in a consistent manner because at the moment it seems that is open season without punishment should anyone late tackle any City players

Murphy not sighted.
So he's got away with it AND the FA are clearly colluding as a result.
Sadly it will happen sooner or later as a result of this inaction, so I wonder which City player's season will be finished soon with a bad injury?

Frank

I enjoy your posts but it seems to me you quite enjoy being contrary

I will tell you that a player Pogba stated "I hope - and it's bad to say things like this - but I hope they will get some very important players injured". Danny Murphy stated "But not one Swansea player got a yellow card. Some people would say 'good discipline' — I don't. I think you've got to be trying to get in their faces. A few badly-timed tackles and a few bits of indiscipline... I don't mind that from my players." Now you can argue about the tone but the comments are out there and these are and were professional footballers if they are saying such things in the media what is being said behind closed doors

Those are very recent comments and since then we have had Foden injured and 3 red cards that should have been shown coincidence? This place would be in meltdown if we had lost Sterling De Bruyne and Gundogan to season ending injuries in the space of 3 games.

All I want to see is that late tackles are clamped down on and dealt with in a consistent manner because at the moment it seems that is open season without punishment should anyone late tackle any City players

Good post. That’s the problem with stats - they often don’t match up with what you can see and hear with your own two eyes and ears.

We’ve all played Sunday league football and heard the phrase let him know your there which I’ve no doubt goes on in the professional game too. Difference is letting him know your there, getting stuck in etc is fine with me, I’d expect a previous city team to do the same if we came up against talent like we currently have, it’s when theres intent which I sensed there was from certainly the Alli one and possibly the Murphy one, Kanes was badly timed but I don’t think he’s gone to do Sterling. Alli has seen a 50/50 and at one nil he’s tried to put KDB out the game, that goes beyond the letting him know your there phrase for me. So I’d say yes our players are being targetted for ‘rough’ treatment but I wouldn’t necessarily agree with the thought all players are going out to injure them although I do see grounds for that argument

We’ve all played Sunday league football and heard the phrase let him know your there which I’ve no doubt goes on in the professional game too. Difference is letting him know your there, getting stuck in etc is fine with me, I’d expect a previous city team to do the same if we came up against talent like we currently have, it’s when theres intent which I sensed there was from certainly the Alli one and possibly the Murphy one, Kanes was badly timed but I don’t think he’s gone to do Sterling. Alli has seen a 50/50 and at one nil he’s tried to put KDB out the game, that goes beyond the letting him know your there phrase for me.
And the world cup.

Good post. That’s the problem with stats - they often don’t match up with what you can see and hear with your own two eyes and ears.
Nobody has ever come out with statements like that in the past but now it's ok because it's City they want kicking. If it was one of their darlings running away with the league there'd be murderers if anyone dared suggest kicking them off the park as a viable tactic or a current rival player wished injuries upon them in the press

Of course they are being targeted, since Pogba's comments and Murphy on MOTD we have seen referees and opposition players get away with whatever they want. It won't be long before there is a serious injury and it will be swept under the carpet. If the FA had an ounce of decency they would have publicly said something about comments from Pogba

Of course they are being targeted, since Pogba's comments and Murphy on MOTD we have seen referees and opposition players get away with whatever they want. It won't be long before there is a serious injury and it will be swept under the carpet. If the FA had an ounce of decency they would have publicly said something about comments from Pogba
100% correct. Surely a disrepute charge at the very least

The spuds clearly had a preordained plan to target Kev. As did PEG against Merlin at the swamp, as, - WITH RESPECT!, - the sly cnuts little celebratory jig immediately afterwards testified

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.