Players targeted / Leg breaker hack on Sterling and kdb

Alli on KDB, Kane on Sterling (surprised me that one - never seen Kane do that before) and Murphy on Gundogan. For England, it's only Joe, Raheem, Kyle, Fabian and John that keep me interested now. I used to think that Alli was destined to be world class. On this season's form he doesn't deserve a place in the team and that thoroughly unpleasant side to him will result in a red card at the WC anyway.

I do enjoy your missives, it would be a strange world if we all agreed about everything all the time. Taken in context what I think you are saying that if the majority of the time our opponents are not out to maim us but the last three assaults (Kane,Alli and Murphy) were not within the rules of the game we love and I cannot see why the ultimate sanctions were not employed.

Yes I think the tackles were outliers in the context of the game but I do agree they deserved more punishment. Not sure it indicates a concerted campaign by the opposition though as like I have stated teams rarely engage us but sit deep and manage the space.

Yes I think the tackles were outliers in the context of the game but I do agree they deserved more punishment. Not sure it indicates a concerted campaign by the opposition though as like I have stated teams rarely engage us but sit deep and manage the space.
I do think they engage us a bit more than you think, especially with rotational fouling (separate from the more egregious tackles many are rightly upset about). And referees have been lax in responding to that those tactics, as I alluded to before.

I may make a more concerted effort to highlight these challenges during match threads moving forward to bring them in to focus.

I do think they engage us a bit more than you think, especially with rotational fouling (separate from the more egregious tackles many are rightly upset about). And referees have been lax in responding to that those tactics, as I alluded to before.

I may make a more concerted effort to highlight these challenges during match threads moving forward to bring them in to focus.

Well looking at the stats only 9.7 fouls are committed on average against is which is quite low by a Premiership average. That sort of supports my point that were not frequently targeted or engaged enough to suffer continual fouling.

Although I guess you will use it to support your theory refs are being too lenient :-)

Well looking at the stats only 9.7 fouls are committed on average against is which is quite low by a Premiership average. That sort of supports my point that were not frequently targeted or engaged enough to suffer continual fouling.

Although I guess you will use it to support your theory refs are being too lenient :-)
I keep tabs on those stats (it’s sort of my thing) and I would indeed say there is an argument for biased data there. ;-)

I would also say, even if the statistic is representative of play against us, we would need to look at the distribution of those 9+ fouls, as well as qualitative aspects like severity (subjective but discernable) and outcome.

The Ali one concerns me the most because it actually looked like he went in to maim KDB, it could so easily have broke his leg and took out probably our most influential player this season, If that's the case then it's up there with the tackle on Haarland by that twat Keane and should have been dealt with as severely albeit Keanes punishment no where near fitted the crime.

The Ali one concerns me the most because it actually looked like he went in to maim KDB, it could so easily have broke his leg and took out probably our most influential player this season, If that's the case then it's up there with the tackle on Haarland by that twat Keane and should have been dealt with as severely albeit Keanes punishment no where near fitted the crime.
Keane's challenge was an assault which should have been dealt with in the criminal courts. Ali's challenge was borderline assault, and should he have injured KDB it may be argued ABH. No place for that kind of behaviour on the field of sport.

If you have the full game recorded look back at how many times Diame “fouls” our players after the ball has been played. There was at least 4 without a single free kick.

Now that in itself isn’t a problem because we would rather keep the ball moving than have the game broken up and slowed down but it’s persistent fouling which should result in a booking the next time the ball goes out of play. However that type of after the ball has gone “fouling” happens in every single game without fail but selective memory strikes again and you’ll dismiss it and only talk about the fouls given stats because it doesn’t fit your narrative and we’re all paranoid.

You are correct in what you say

I blocked that poster the other day after reading some of this thread and to go along with his view on the agenda, I thought it best so I couldn't reply but after reading the conversation with bits missing I can still catch the drift of what is being said.

Maybe he needs to remember this...

No player would ever go out of his way to injure a fellow professional deliberately.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.