Players targeted / Leg breaker hack on Sterling and kdb

Seems we have since peggy,bogbush and danny murph made their comments against our players. I would hope the FA would intervene and take retrospective action and refs duly noted a rise in these type of fouls against us.

Seems we have since peggy,bogbush and danny murph made their comments against our players. I would hope the FA would intervene and take retrospective action and refs duly noted a rise in these type of fouls against us.

Good luck with that. The FA aren't overly bothered about injury to our players as we don't play in red or white kits.

We’ve all played Sunday league football and heard the phrase let him know your there which I’ve no doubt goes on in the professional game too. Difference is letting him know your there, getting stuck in etc is fine with me, I’d expect a previous city team to do the same if we came up against talent like we currently have, it’s when theres intent which I sensed there was from certainly the Alli one and possibly the Murphy one, Kanes was badly timed but I don’t think he’s gone to do Sterling. Alli has seen a 50/50 and at one nil he’s tried to put KDB out the game, that goes beyond the letting him know your there phrase for me. So I’d say yes our players are being targetted for ‘rough’ treatment but I wouldn’t necessarily agree with the thought all players are going out to injure them although I do see grounds for that argument
I disagree mate, Look at the Kane challenge, studs up and looking at the leg not the ball, he went to do exactly what that scumbag Ali did, take a player out of the game, in Ali's case, end a career... Utter disgrace the pair of em didnt get straight reds.

Keane's challenge was an assault which should have been dealt with in the criminal courts. Ali's challenge was borderline assault, and should he have injured KDB it may be argued ABH. No place for that kind of behaviour on the field of sport.
The Prem and FA are not arms of Government. They're Limited Companies - proper commercial entities. And yet when some player commits a despicable tackle and people call for the Police to get involved, the likes of Shearer say 'No, let football deal with this.......', as though footballer violence is exempt from UK law. Get the Police involved, send the evidence to the CPS including numerous videos from various angles and let them decide whether to put the player on trial - as in the Duncan Ferguson case in 95. Seeing one or two put on trial and locked up might have a deterrent effect.

The Prem and FA are not arms of Government. They're Limited Companies - proper commercial entities. And yet when some player commits a despicable tackle and people call for the Police to get involved, the likes of Shearer say 'No, let football deal with this.......', as though footballer violence is exempt from UK law. Get the Police involved, send the evidence to the CPS including numerous videos from various angles and let them decide whether to put the player on trial - as in the Duncan Ferguson case in 95. Seeing one or two put on trial and locked up might have a deterrent effect.
Really?

While I agree with the sentiment that there has to be punishment in line with the offence, I think this may be going too far.

Well looking at the stats only 9.7 fouls are committed on average against is which is quite low by a Premiership average. That sort of supports my point that were not frequently targeted or engaged enough to suffer continual fouling.

Although I guess you will use it to support your theory refs are being too lenient :-)

Only because most of the fouls against us, are not given as such.

While I agree with the sentiment that there has to be punishment in line with the offence, I think this may be going too far.
Totally agree - punishment in line with the offence. But you can't have one law for the public at large and another for pro footballers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.