Players targeted / Leg breaker hack on Sterling and kdb

The basic problem with rugbys " putting on report " if the ref lacks the backbone to deal with it instantly, is that the team on the end of an ali, kane or murphy foul is that any further action & we are talking ban here does get any advantage. Merely to our possible competitors who will benefit from any ban.

No but a basic message of hurt them, foul them, don’t let them past at any cost, doesn’t fucking help, does it? Tell you what, let’s take the crime of incitement off the statute books whilst we are at it
I just dont think what Danny Murphy says has impact on professional players. I think Alli is a **** and tried to cripple De Bruyne, but that is how he is. The fact the referee didnt punish Kane or Alli adequately is why teams now think they can hack away at us.

I will say though, that i agree with you that what he did say was unprofessional from some one who is paid well to espouse tactical insight. I dont really want to hear "leave your foot in" as a way to combat a teams effectiveness.

No but a basic message of hurt them, foul them, don’t let them past at any cost, doesn’t fucking help, does it? Tell you what, let’s take the crime of incitement off the statute books whilst we are at it
And whilst you are at it have another look at harry Kane’s “challenge “ on Raheem Sterling

Last edited:
I just dont think what Danny Murphy says has impact on professional players. I think Alli is a **** and tried to cripple De Bruyne, but that is how he is. The fact the referee didnt punish Kane or Alli adequately is why teams now think they can hack away at us.
Before you said that Kane’s was an accident, well you are wrong, it was every bit as bad as Ali’s and just as intentional, the ONLY difference is how you perceive Ali and Kane as people

If I was De Bruyne I would go all out to hurt Alli and Puncheon in the next game I played against them. I know it’s against the code of conduct on here and people will say two wrongs don’t make a right but if we aren’t going to get the protection from the FA and officials then we have no choice but to take the law into your own hands. Those two players have gone out to deliberately hurt him and it’ll just continue until you stand up to it.

If KDB did what you suggest, I guarantee he would get red carded .

Before you said that Kane’s was an accident, well you are wrong, it was every bit as bad as Ali’s and just as intentional, the ONLY difference is how you perceive Ali and Kane as people
Its quite possible I am wrong. Kane doesn't have a history of that behaviour. he could well have intended it, I dont think he did. As i say its my opinion and only Kane knows the truth. Alli is a snide twat and does have a history of that behaviour. Plus from the angle of engagement and the movement of his foot, he only had an intention to hurt De Bruyne.
Either way, both should have been red cards and a precedent would have been set.

If KDB did what you suggest, I guarantee he would get red carded .

Think we need to bring in a couple of Terry McCann's in to protect our creative players. Does anyone know of any hardmen with the required footballing ability.

Unfortunately it seems to be a particularly English trait of wanting to cut successful people down to size. The flair players being kicked from pillar to post isn't a new thing. Let's not forget that Arsene Wenger got his 'whinger' tag because he used to constantly complain about his team being kicked off the park when they were up there.

I think adding Kane challenge to your argument you dilute it. I dont see any difference between his challenge and Otemendi's when he booted Kane in the head.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.