Players who are possibly leaving in the summer

I think everyone out of contract will leave in the summer - Caballero, Sagna, Clichy, Zabaleta, Toure, and Navas. I wouldn't be surprised to see Delph and possibly Kolarov go too. That's probably about 750k a week off the wage bill, which would give us huge leeway in the transfer market.

Think we'll see a huge transformation of the squad at the end of the season. It'll be very much Guardiola's team next year.

Obviously the only downside with this is we're losing a lot of money in terms of transfer fees. Although we never seemingly sell players for high amounts of money.

Obviously the only downside with this is we're losing a lot of money in terms of transfer fees. Although we never seemingly sell players for high amounts of money.
Because that's really important to City?

BTW mods, can you not permanently ban anyone who starts a thread quoting the bloody Metro?

I'd give Sagna and Yaya another year and he might want to retain Clichy? (Angelino doesn't appear to be getting any closer to the 1st team), the rest will leave.

Zaba could probably get another few years out in Italy, maybe Roma?
Navas back to Sevilla.
Caballero could start for a decent team.
Kolarov back to Italy.
Clichy (if we don't keep him) could play for a decent Premier League team if he plays every week, Liverpool need a left back? Or more likely back to France.

However, knowing Pep it'll be a complete overhaul like he did at Barca.

Txiki and co. will be aware of wages and asking prices being inflated by the China effect so people whose contracts don't end in the Summer may well be kept unless they are genuinely surplus to requirements.

Add to that Hart, Bony and Nasri... that must be another 400k+ a week freed up, which would cover Messi's wages

Hopefully!

I think we would also accept offers for Fernando if one came in, Mangala will go permanently and Denayer will go.

I have a feeling Kolorov will see out his contract.

As long as we can keep them motivated and performing this season.

Would happily stand up and applaud Yaya for showing such effort to come back into the fold and give us something we've been missing in the middle if the park - a presence - and Zaba for his commitment and actually very much above competent peformanaace in center midfield.

The only issue is see is that these guys will have had a year of leaning Pep's ways. Bringing in new guys loses that advantage, but suppose the benefits outweigh that and to be quite honest, most of those don't really fit into a pep system where high energy and pressing is a must, alongside ball retention, awareness and fluidity to move around the pitch. Some of the guys have some of it, but not the whole package, but for me this speaks very clearly of two big things for us:

1) Pep isn't going anywhere. We knew that as city fans, but sorry media guys you'll be disappointed there. The project is so very much alive.

2) What we have currently doesn't meet what Pep thinks we need to be the best, and we'll be in for a busy summer. Expect targets identified and preferably signed very early, Pep knows the importance of a full pre season after not having that luxury after the euros.

When you consider Mangala, Hart, Delph, Nari, Denayer at least to add to the out pile, plus China hopefully lining up squillions for Bony,that it one mighty war chest there for 2017.

With the state of the Goalkeeping situation at present Id rather see Bravo gone and Willy stay but neither are good enough for me

Kolarov would be the first out the door quickly followed by Navas

Sagna - id be inclined to keep as a back up but we do need both left and right fulbacks

Yaya - he has had a reanisssaince (unexpected) under Pep. He has clearly worked very hard to get tot he level of fitness and work on his game to do what Pep wants....having said that we need a more rounded midfielder, one who can do the dirty work better and still have at least some level of Yaya's control over the game (I dont know if this player exists as very few control a game like him at his peak but he doesnt do it enough now/cant do it now)

Clichy - again id keep him but only as back up until we have a player in place that is automatically first choice

Fernando - simply need better than him

Zabba - give the man what ever he wants - he has earnt it!

Id expect to see another centre half at least regardless of Kompany as Ottomendi isnt good enough for Pep....careless with distribution and dives in all over the place........Pep requires higher standards than this

I don't know why people are dismissing this, I highly doubt we'll offer contract extensions to any of those players. We have no need to reap fees from them and it'd do the club a world of good to nearly get £1million+ worth of wages a week off the books. The players we've been linked to suggest we'll happily let those players leave. Ederson/Rulli/possibly Gunn to replace Caballero, Maffeo and a new right back to replace Zaba and Sagna, Grimaldo to replace Clichy, Kolarov may stay depending on available targets. Yaya will be off, maybe (hopefully) replaced by Koke?? No need to replace Navas as we have 4 wingers already without mentioning the likes of Barker, Roberts, Celina or Moreno. Then the likes of Hart, Mangala, Nasri and Bony will be sold too. I bet we'll have a huge overhaul this summer. Just my opinion of course but seems to make sense and fit in with our plans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.