Players who might improve us

Either bring back someone like Frimpong or promote within the club - either the academy or one of the lads we have out on loan.

Walker is never going to get dropped in this side because he's so vital to the way we play. There's no point us going out and buying another RB that will expect to play 30+ meaningful games a season (i.e not league/fa cup fixtures), because it's not going to happen with Walker ahead of them.

We made that mistake with Danilo when we should have just promoted Maffeo and we did it again with Cancelo when we should have just promoted Frimpong. We don't need a £60m back up to play against Port Vale in the league cup and it would be the same with someone like Aaron's who will have a few suitors in the summer and will be commanding a relatively high fee, regardless of Norwich's position.

No one is displacing Walker as our first choice, so have someone in the sign that's happy to be a backup and called upon for 20-25 games a season when required and avoid the selection headache that it causes.

We've signed Yan Couto who'll join us in the summer when he's 18. If his Visa situation isn't an issue, perhaps he's an option for us if he's as good as the reports suggest? We also have another highly rated RB in Pedro Porro on loan to Real Valladolid, who's a bit older at 20 and has more first team experience - we don't we give him a fair crack of the whip?
Frimpong is a decent shout, but I don't think he's ready yet. Someone like Aarons or Atal could probably be bought for 30m, which is not a bad deal considering they have the potential to take over from Walker in 2 years. Both are good and experienced enough to start if Walker were to get injured

What if Walker would have had a long term injury? Would you trust Frimpong to play week in week out at the level required in one of Peps most demanding roles?

Would have we trusted Zinchenko when the idea of him playing LB was first floated?

It's a risk, but one that's sometimes worth taking, especially with a player that's had a phenomenal injury record.

You can't plan your recruitment around a player getting a long term injury. If that long term injury doesn't happen, which is far more likely the case, then you have an unhappy 2nd choice on the bench.

I don't think Braaf has a future here. He seems to want away and got attitude/mentality issues which is the main reason he's not training with the first team. I'd replace Sané with someone like Sarr, Neres or Alphonso Davies. Maybe even Rashica who's got a low release clause

I'd also avoid Tah who seems to be way overrated by people who don't follow the bundesliga. There's a reason he's not been picked up by a better team than Leverkusen, even though every elite team seems to want a CB. He has stagnated badly and is very error prone. If Bournemouth were to get relegated I could see us picking up Aké for cheap. Homegrown, young and left footed. Perfect backup to Laporte.

Boadu and Upamecano are two players I want desperately in the summer.

Someone I think will leave is Cancelo. He can't be happy with his time here so far, he's probably the best attacking fullback in the world and has been left to rot on the bench. I could see us selling Cancelo and then buy Aarons from Norwich or Atal from Nice. Aarons is homegrown and Norwich will need to sell him now that they're getting relegated. Atal is definitely a better player than Aarons, but he's also older and not homegrown

In: Boadu, Upamecano, Sarr, Aké and Aarons

Out: Sané, Cancelo, Stones, Otamendi, Angelino
Braaf, we'll see, but good to give him some experience. He's obviously a talent, if given a few games he could change his attitude.

Tah has the physical attributes we need in terms of speed, height, strength. We concede far fewer chances than most teams and are most vulnerable on the break, so in a better team and a different system, he could come good. He's also decent on the ball.

Cancelo, think he deserves a decent run, but we'd have to make Walker a CB/RCB to make that happen, which isn't fair on arguably our most consistent defender bar Laporte. Aarons or Ake on the cheap could be a good option, but that's dependent on both competition, if they get relegated, and for Aarons, if we sell Cancelo.

Would have we trusted Zinchenko when the idea of him playing LB was first floated?

It's a risk, but one that's sometimes worth taking, especially with a player that's had a phenomenal injury record.

You can't plan your recruitment around a player getting a long term injury. If that long term injury doesn't happen, which is far more likely the case, then you have an unhappy 2nd choice on the bench.
Laporte had a excellent injury record, so did KDB. Last season KDB was out for the majority of the season. This season it was Laporte. I think it would make sense to have a youngster who's at least proven at top 5 league level. Cancelo is at his prime and is way to good to not start every week, I'd be pissed if I was him too

Braaf, we'll see, but good to give him some experience. He's obviously a talent, if given a few games he could change his attitude.

Tah has the physical attributes we need in terms of speed, height, strength. We concede far fewer chances than most teams and are most vulnerable on the break, so in a better team and a different system, he could come good. He's also decent on the ball.

Cancelo, think he deserves a decent run, but we'd have to make Walker a CB/RCB to make that happen, which isn't fair on arguably our most consistent defender bar Laporte. Aarons or Ake on the cheap could be a good option, but that's dependent on both competition, if they get relegated, and for Aarons, if we sell Cancelo.
Yeah Tah definitely has the physicality and talent. But man he makes too many misstakes for his age it's a bit worrying. Almost eveytime I watch him he makes a misstake that leads to a goal, almost like Stones and Otamendi. He's been in good form for the last couple of weeks but so have Leverkusen as a whole.

I rate Upamecano and Konate as better players and they're 3 respetively 2 years younger than Tah. They'll be more expensive but they're also younger, better and faster

Yeah Tah definitely has the physicality and talent. But man he makes too many misstakes for his age it's a bit worrying. Almost eveytime I watch him he makes a misstake that leads to a goal, almost like Stones and Otamendi. He's been in good form for the last couple of weeks but so have Leverkusen as a whole.

I rate Upamecano and Konate as better players and they're 3 respetively 2 years younger than Tah. They'll be more expensive but they're also younger, better and faster
Yeah, Konate's very highly rated, will be interesting to see how he does after such a big injury.

If I’m going to be truly paranoid; We should be keeping our eyes peeled for the best of the British talent.

I have a sneaking suspicion this Brexit thing is going to give license to the idiots in control will use it to push the homegrown bullshit even further.

I've long thought there's a reason the rags were going for so many British/English players, coincidence ?

United are just stupid. Nothing more than that.

Also the only thing that will win hearts and minds is winning trophies preferably with attacking football, not having loads of English players.

2010/11 I think we had 6 English players in England squad or something like that. Press reported negative shit regardless.

You just have to remember the negativity that surrounded Sterling and Delph transfers back in 2015.

Everyone would love to see City waste money on English players, as that would hinder our progress.

Last edited:
Alex Telles? Doesn‘t wanna sign a new contract at Porto. He is 27 and imo far better than Mendy who is literally here to celebrate the story and be the classclown. I hope the Board looks into this. Zin Is a CM and should play there ones Silva leaves.

Alex Telles? Doesn‘t wanna sign a new contract at Porto. He is 27 and imo far better than Mendy who is literally here to celebrate the story and be the classclown. I hope the Board looks into this. Zin Is a CM and should play there ones Silva leaves.
Tellers is very inconsistent and defensively dodgy. Foden has done more to deserve Silva's spot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.