Players who might improve us

He’s more a centre back and I believe that Groningen would like to buy him from us outright. However, his contract with us lasts until 2022, so they would need to stump up or cut some deal. If they want him, it’s because they recognize he’s a good player, certainly a good athlete, and they know they’ll be able to sell him themselves for a larger profit.
Interesting, do you think there’s any chance he’s recalled and becomes a regular part of the first team or is he not quite at that level? Is he anywhere near good enough of a centreback that we could’ve just recalled him instead of signing say Ake?

Interesting, do you think there’s any chance he’s recalled and becomes a regular part of the first team or is he not quite at that level? Is he anywhere near good enough of a centreback that we could’ve just recalled him instead of signing say Ake?

Sorry. He’s actually agreed to stay at Groningen for another season.

https://www.oogtv.nl/2020/07/itakura-blijft-nog-een-jaar-bij-fc-groningen/

Groningen finished comfortably in the middle of the table, though they were the third best team in terms of goals conceded, so he played his part.

He’s certainly a capable player but probably needs more time in Europe to develop. Even when he finishes at Groningen, I think a year on loan at another PL team might be necessary before we can think of him as squad ready. The technique can be honed in the Eredivisie, but the physical jump to England is demanding. The fact that he’s staying would, I hope, mean that Meshino is also going there on loan. He could give them the attacking impetus they need to go up the league. If Meshino goes there, he’d also have the opportunity to learn from Robben, so hopefully Guardiola nudges him in that direction.

Last edited:
Sorry. He’s actually agreed to stay at Groningen for another season.

https://www.oogtv.nl/2020/07/itakura-blijft-nog-een-jaar-bij-fc-groningen/

Groningen finished comfortably in the middle of the table, though they were the third best team in terms of goals conceded, so he played his part.

He’s certainly a capable player but probably needs more time in Europe to develop. Even when he finishes at Groningen, I think a year on loan at another PL team might be necessary before we can think of him as squad ready. The technique can be honed in the Eredivisie, but the physical jump to England is demanding. The fact that he’s staying would, I hope, mean that Meshino is also going there on loan. He could give them the attacking impetus they need to go up the league.
Damn, well hopefully there’s a chance he can develop enough to come into the first team, even if that so rarely happens with loanees. Thanks for letting me know!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.