Players who might improve us

PASS PASS PASS like a motherfucker! Lol :-)

I was all up for Gundog leaving earlier in the season, but for me he's been an absolute revelation playing as an out & out No8 with less defensive responsibilities, because we've adopted a flexible double pivot tactic.

A lot of what Gundog does is so understated, it goes under the radar, but his control & tight turning circles in tight spaces is something else.

MacAllister is capable of that,in a team with lesser possession and ballers,he does such to a lesser degree now - thats what im basing much of my similarity on.
Where he brings something different is in the engine dept,its stronger and faster.

At 24,he can develop and learn further......he has the capacity.

Yeah, I agree with all this. Having said that, I think we will buy Gvardiol, not Davies, for various reasons, and I am not sure we can land Bellingham. I do hope we can get Rice + another world-class midfielder, though. Losing Gundo and Bernardo is massive, so we need real quality to soften the blow.
If Laporté leaves as speculated Gvardiol would be an excellent replacement.

The other issue we have is the potential return of the toxic Cancelo!!! :-/

Screenshot_20230516-153729_Sky Sports.jpgScreenshot_20230516-153743_Sky Sports.jpg

MacAllister is capable of that,in a team with lesser possession and ballers,he does such to a lesser degree now - thats what im basing much of my similarity on.
Where he brings something different is in the engine dept,its stronger and faster.

Aside from the physical looks, I've not seen the ball control that Gundog offers us in Mac Allister.

Agreed 100% that he seems physically stronger than Gundog, but I'm yet to see Mac influence the tempo of big matches in the way that Gundog does, plus offering the same level of goal threat.

However, if City decide he's our boy, I'll glady bow to the club's superior knowledge in this regard, & I'd be more than happy to have him here... )(

Aside from the physical looks, I've not seen the ball control that Gundog offers us in Mac Allister.

Agreed 100% that he seems physically stronger than Gundog, but I'm yet to see Mac influence the tempo of big matches in the way that Gundog does, plus offering the same level of goal threat.

However, if City decide he's our boy, I'll glady bow to the club's superior knowledge in this regard, & I'd be more than happy to have him here... )(

He doesnt have the goal threat,but he definitely has the conductor role nailed.Ive seen plenty enough to believe he can bring that tempo control here - the short passes,knowing when to release or retain,backwards of forwards,and his ability to shield and retain possession with the Gundo type swivel.

Anyway.....all pie in the sky currently.

MacAllister is 8,5 years younger than Gundo, so obviously a lot of it is potential. Can't think of too many better options out there, though. He would make an excellent signing, IMO.

bruh gundogan at that age was miles better than macallister. if we gnna get someone from brighton hes literally 3rd on my list

Physically similar yes,but the skillset is very similar too....uncannily so IMO.

What does Gundo do that MacAllister definitely cant?
like literally everything? only thing macallisters has over gundo is his wnergy cuz hes much younger but goalscoring instinct isnt even close, controlling tempo isnt even close, technically isnt even close, gundo is one of the most press resistent players in the prem...

bruh gundogan at that age was miles better than macallister. if we gnna get someone from brighton hes literally 3rd on my list

Im not denying the brilliance of a younger,pre injury,Gundogan.

However,that doesnt detract from the ability of MacAllister......he'd seemlessly slip into our system IMO.

Fine that you don't see it/agree though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.