Francis Lee
Dave Watson
Paul Power

or more recently
Sylvain Distin
Nicolas Anelka
Carlos Tevez

Last edited:
I agree about Wagstaffe. He was just reaching his peak when City sold him. He became a club legend for Wolves.

Imagine what a forward line of Summerbee, Bell, Lee, Young and Wagstaffe would have achieved!

The circumstances of his move left a bad taste as it appeared to signal the start of a ‘sell anyone who can attract a transfer fee’ phase. Fortunately the Board did a rethink and shortly afterwards signed Johnny Crossan.

I was dragged by my parents to the grandparents in Shropshire for Christmas. I got the supporters bus from Oakengates to Molyneux on Boxing Day to see them announce their new signing: David Wagstaffe.
Yep, they tried to cover it up by selling at Christmas. I went to MR for one of the xmas games and the old fogies were livid.
Crossan did really well for us, but he was nearing the end of his career and didnt last long.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.