Players you've met.

no i went straight to him but i would have quite happily got him drunk and took her across to the midland and give her a bit of bang bang a-bang boom !

Asa Hartford to me to fuck off when i ran on the pitch at Maine Road. We had just won the League cup i think and the team were showing the trophy. A lot of years and beers have passed since then.

Met King Colin many times at the ground (My mate has a box!) and he oozes footie, incredibly nice gentlemen who will talk for hours with you, as down to earth as any bloke on the street - a true class act and an all time legend!!

Mike Summerbee is in the box most games and again top bloke, will go out of his way to introduce you to players, he is City daft!

Buzzer intoduced us to SGE when he was manager and he was a true gent and posed for loads of piccies with us, never fazed!

Loads more but these stand out..

Away from City, we stayed at the same hotel as Portugal in Germany for thw WC, rode the lift with a couple of players (Deco was one) but way too many sherbets to really remember the conversation, i didnt realize they were players until later, but gave them some friendly verbal in the lift thinking they were fans which they took really well (hoping no doubt the pissed up Brit would soon leave them the feck alone :-) )

Later in the hotel bar, we ran into Eusebio and i think it was the Portugeese minister of sport or something, i bought them a round of drinks (cost about 50 Euro!) by this time i could have been on Mars and wasnt really with it..........i do remember them giving us the cheers sign with their drinks though and when they left the minister chap came over and personally thanked us and shook our hands and wished us look for the game tomorrow - Eusebio didnt speak much, if any English and seemed a wee bit embarrassed about that.......top blokes both of them though!!!

Mine was i think the 99 season i can't remember
I was driving to Birmingham from Manchester i pulled up to get fuel at the service just before the m6 in knutsford when i was filling up i saw 4 people with city tracksuits on i was think fucking knobs wearing the full kit
Only when i went in and bumped in to Paul Dickov who had the biggest pile of Chocolte biscuits and mars etc i have ever seen in his arms that i realised half the team was in there getting stuff they was waiting for the coach to pick them up
I said hi to them and got a few autographs and was chatting to Dickov and Weaver i was luckly wearing my City shirt at the time
I said to Paul he played well in the last game then out of nowwhere Kit symmons said "we all played well " to that i said fine and left to this day it winds me up as i was driving out Paul Dickov ran out of the garage i stopped put my window down he shook my hand and said ignore him he can be a cock sometimes

also i had a slash at a service station next to les chapman, on the way home the night we lost 4-0 at palace, brian horton era, league cup quarter final

he said "alright mate"

lastmanback said:
I met willo flood, he was chasing some horses around a field. Asked me had i any spare smokes. Grand lad :-)

PISSED MYSELF!!
Didnt ask if you want a driveway did he???

All whilst i was pretty young...

Uwe, Kinkladze, Edghill, Weaver, SWP and Goater. My Dad tells me i asked for Goater's autograph once and proceeded to ask him agin (after losing sight of him) shouthing 'Richard, Richard Edghill!'

The Goat didn't even bat an eyelid and hapily signed my baby brother shirt.

Uwe also had a crack at my mum, much to my Dad's amusment.

...Oh! And Joe Royle and Dickov.

Hart
Richards
Ned
Stevie
SWP
Boj
Robbie
Elano
Gelson
Caicedo
Dunney
Ched
Bridge
Benjani
Studge (twice)
Vinnie
Shay
Mark Hughes

Photos / autographs - not to chat to really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.