Please Don't Ever Criticize Our Support Again

There was an article in the London Evening Standard a couple of days ago, saying that all the London PL clubs (excluding Arsenal) have actually seen attendances RISE this season, defying the recession. Chelsea have seen the biggest rise and now sell out for their games followed by Tottenham then the rest like Fulham, QPR have also seen rises. Only Arsenal have seen a fall in attendances.

I know London is a much bigger area and much wealthier than Manchester but I wonder if that's what attracts the foreign wealthy owners to buy those clubs? I too worry what Sheikh Masour will think, how can we build a bigger stadium when we cannot fill the one we have?

intheknow! said:
There was an article in the London Evening Standard a couple of days ago, saying that all the London PL clubs (excluding Arsenal) have actually seen attendances RISE this season, defying the recession. Chelsea have seen the biggest rise and now sell out for their games followed by Tottenham then the rest like Fulham, QPR have also seen rises. Only Arsenal have seen a fall in attendances.

I know London is a much bigger area and much wealthier than Manchester but I wonder if that's what attracts the foreign wealthy owners to buy those clubs? I too worry what Sheikh Masour will think, how can we build a bigger stadium when we cannot fill the one we have?

All have less capacity than City, 2 of them have half the capacity.

marios stress ball said:
Just because the club becomes rich and the players become expensive doesn't mean that the fans suddenly become rich. Do they really think that now they're rich and successful we can afford to pay more to see city, in this economic climate, after Christmas and ripping us off a few days earlier. Modern football makes me sick...but now I'm addicted.

The prices for the semi were the same price as two years ago against United, so a zero percent increase. Hardly ripping us off.
The cost of tickets at City has not increased at anywhere near the rate of the increase in the quality of the squad or the standard of the football.
Regarding the above post about our selling out every home PL fixture, is this actually true? Yes its posted on the OS but there are empty seats around me (block 132) at every single game this season. And others have commented on empty seats scattered around the ground. The reason for this have been debate with many a theory (standing with mates, people on holiday etc) but I don't buy that.
We have what is probably the best squad ever assembled, we are on the threshold of success yet we moan about having to pay the going rate for tickets. Let's face it London maybe a more affluent area than Manchester but is Liverpool? Look at ticket prices at any of the top 6 Clubs and then say we are being ripped off.
Only my opinion so probably not worth much, but if I was the Sheikh it would certainly make me think about investing more in the Club.

One game that most people weren't too arsed about and suddenly we are ungrateful, small fry and not worthy. Games are coming thick and fast at minute and it is expensive just after christmas. The utd semi 2 years ago was 20 quid I believe.

Pl games are sold out and city's attendance has also increased this year, that is despite having still to play Chelsea, scum, spurs at home.

Too many thick city fans or fans of other clubs on wind up on here, either way it is annoying me

LeeOnePen said:
Bloke near me was told off for swearing because "ladies were present and if he wanted to use that kind of language he should leave."

I think that was me. I just lost it when Rooney celebrated in front of the East Stand and nearly went to find somewhere else to sit for the 2nd half.

Small world!

peoffrey said:
LeeOnePen said:
Bloke near me was told off for swearing because "ladies were present and if he wanted to use that kind of language he should leave."

I think that was me. I just lost it when Rooney celebrated in front of the East Stand and nearly went to find somewhere else to sit for the 2nd half.

Small world!

Nah, it didn't have your cockney twang mate

bored at work said:
One game that most people weren't too arsed about and suddenly we are ungrateful, small fry and not worthy. Games are coming thick and fast at minute and it is expensive just after christmas. The utd semi 2 years ago was 20 quid I believe.

Pl games are sold out and city's attendance has also increased this year, that is despite having still to play Chelsea, scum, spurs at home.

Too many thick city fans or fans of other clubs on wind up on here, either way it is annoying me

no it was 40 quid their is a zero percent increase from then, but people complained then and it struggled to sell out

LeeOnePen said:
peoffrey said:

Small world!

Nah, it didn't have your cockney twang mate

I fake the accent very well when I'm up there. I have to fit in when I integrate with dirty people from the factory floor.

marios stress ball said:
No fan should ever be made to pay over £25 for any game IMO.

I wish I was there in the days when an FA Cup Finals ticket was 80p, they respected fans then.

Are you also harking back to your £3 a week wages and 3 day week? Sure prices have rose over the years above inflation, but those kind of statements are just pointless.

As for the atmosphere, I was in 119/120 and it was one of the worst I've ever experienced. Me and a few other lads trying to sing, zilch joining in. There was one lad further towards the front who was also trying and that was literally it. Gave up eventually, completely dispiriting. I was in the same area of the stand as the derby.

greenie_34 said:
marios stress ball said:
No fan should ever be made to pay over £25 for any game IMO.

I wish I was there in the days when an FA Cup Finals ticket was 80p, they respected fans then.

Are you also harking back to your £3 a week wages and 3 day week? Sure prices have rose over the years above inflation, but those kind of statements are just pointless.

As for the atmosphere, I was in 119/120 and it was one of the worst I've ever experienced. Me and a few other lads trying to sing, zilch joining in. There was one lad further towards the front who was also trying and that was literally it. Gave up eventually, completely dispiriting. I was in the same area of the stand as the derby.

PMSL!!! Bit in bold so true, hahahaha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.