Please Stop Saying United are in decline

Rösler's Dad said:
mcfcjosh said:
100% agree with the op but some people cant see through there blue tinted glasses and continue to make pricks of themselves, making it worse for all of us when they win whatever they win next season.

I'm really puzzled by this attitude. If they win the title again, or finish above us, they'll take the piss anyway, whether we've refused to do the same to them or not.

Deferring to them as somehow "not piss-take material" just in case they win something next season gets you nowhere apart from only ever being on the receiving end.

I think the OP and people like mcfcjosh have been brainwashed by the rags' years of success; get over it, chaps, and get busy taking the piss whenever you can; you know it makes sense!
Abso-feckin-lutely.
I'm 41, I should know better, I DO know better - but nothing is ever going to take away my compulsion to take the piss out of the rags.
I think the OP is taking it a little too seriously. Take the piss with a smile, thats the secret.

Didsbury Dave said:
Can people please stop saying "United are on the decline" etc.

They've just won the league and lost the Champions League final.

They've lost a couple of senior players but history has proven that they will replace them.

They're not on the decline and probably won't ever be, for the forseeable future.

I wish people would stop going on about it as it's a bit embarrassing.

We're on the up...focus on that, not their perceived decline.

Rant over.

I SEE A RAG!

IrishMacca said:
I'm sorry, but it's idiotic, wishful is more polite I suppose, to think Man U are in decline. They've excellent young players left right and centre. Ya they sold Ronaldo, but that's one player. As for the rest, as good as Tevez is he didn't see much game time with Man U, that's pretty much why he left, didn't have and wont have much impact on a team like that, as for the older players, Neville was missing for months this season and in that time they kept all those clean sheets, Giggs rarely starts anymore, either does Scholes, and Van Der Sar, well they've better keepers then him imo.
Fergie is excellent at phasing out players to the point of fans not noticing them missing.

They're not in decline, some here are just slightly dellusional. We hope to move up, but Man U are on another level completley, not just to us but the other 3, they have the best squad in the country, and that hasn't changed. Fergie is, like it or not, the best manager the game as seen in a long time. He's not an idiot, he'll buy smart and bring a few players through the ranks, hell they'll probably go on and win the Premiership again next season.
They've a young team, with excellent players, they aren't going anywhere, and that's the truth of it.

What a nauseating post.....fuck them, decline it is.

Perhaps decline is the wrong word but all isn't well at the Swamp.
When can you remember a time when 2 players willingly walk away without being bombed out like Stam Beckham Van Horseface etc??
When do you recall a company making a record operating profit but their overall debt increases??
When do you recall them having a limited budget, What they had set aside this year was less than they had spent previous seasons hence why they tried to get Tevez cheaper.
When do you recall a team setting an age limit on purchases??

They may well win the League next season but a bit of banter having a pop that their glory days are looking numbered is whats normal for rival fans to do. I am friends from my school days with a Stretford End season ticket holder he loves having a go about how we where going down last season how Mark Hughes would get the chop. So why shouldn't I use the aboved mentioned stuff ? I did and he hated it, being realistic he said they need someone like ADUG to buy them outright or there is a real chance they will end up having to sell more of their bigger names just as Van Der Sar Giggs etc reach pension time. Yes they have the set up to continue at a good level but look at Arsenal next year is always gonna be the year they come good and thats where the Rags could well end up.

IrishMacca said:
I'm sorry, but it's idiotic, wishful is more polite I suppose, to think Man U are in decline. They've excellent young players left right and centre. Ya they sold Ronaldo, but that's one player. As for the rest, as good as Tevez is he didn't see much game time with Man U, that's pretty much why he left, didn't have and wont have much impact on a team like that, as for the older players, Neville was missing for months this season and in that time they kept all those clean sheets, Giggs rarely starts anymore, either does Scholes, and Van Der Sar, well they've better keepers then him imo.
Fergie is excellent at phasing out players to the point of fans not noticing them missing.

They're not in decline, some here are just slightly dellusional. We hope to move up, but Man U are on another level completley, not just to us but the other 3, they have the best squad in the country, and that hasn't changed. Fergie is, like it or not, the best manager the game as seen in a long time. He's not an idiot, he'll buy smart and bring a few players through the ranks, hell they'll probably go on and win the Premiership again next season.
They've a young team, with excellent players, they aren't going anywhere, and that's the truth of it.

Don't believe what the sun are telling you.The average age of the rag team is now 28.Hardly "young."

And where are all these so-called "excellent young players left right and centre?"
With the exception of the two Brazillians,I certainly haven't seen much of them.
Wellbeck?Macheda?Unproven at best.if they played for Hull no-one would give them a second look.
Evans?Gibson?Foster?I'll bet Barca and Real are shitting themselves at the thought of facing them in the CL....not.

Don't believe the media hype.Things are changing.Rapidly.
Sit down,and instead of looking at what was and what you "expect"-look closely at them man for man.Remember-ferguson has had the benefit of being able to "cherry pick" players for nearly 20 years.Not any more.

I wouldn't swap many of their current players for ours.

I also disagree totally that their team is "on another level completely" to ours.

IrishMacca said:

Sounds just a tad defensive ???............

Well I really do think that they are in decline - they need to replace 2 key strikers - not at all easy and it will require a change of formation probably

But their MF is what is creaking - long term injuries - over the hill players

And please - do not believe all that pie in the sky - they have £100m to spend - no chance they will spend even half that

I think we will finish higher than them in 10/11 - and if not certainly the year after

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.