Please Stop Saying United are in decline

Didsbury Dave said:
blue b4 the moon said:
They've gone from a buying club to a selling club over the last 7 days with no apparent plan in place or actual target nailed as replacements.

It could be that they can't spend any money due to debts.

They are in decline imho.

If they are or not will depend on the team on the opening day of the season.

When people refer to a "Selling Club" it means they have to sell their best players to survive.

That's not why they've sold Ronaldo and Tevez.

They've sold them, yes, but they haven't become a "Selling club".

Tevez was never there's to sell-he has rejected the offer put in front of him.

Wether they are in decline or not is not the issue. Its all about winding them up. I take any chance I can and always have. 99 times out of a 100 it comes back to bite me on the arse but its never going to stop me doing it. Certainly dont get hung up about it. Its all part of the banter with our local rivals - and you know how fcking touchy thety are. Nobody really believes they are in any sort of serious decline - every time we think they are they just come back stronger. But we all need some amunition and at the moment its the decline thing. Chill Bill.

They are proving far easier to wind up these days than I've ever known them to be.

Didsbury Dave said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Sorry DD my dear, I've been saying this for 54 years, 1 month, 16 days, several hours and a few minutes. I am programmed and there's no default, and besides, I'm within touching distance now, so down the pan you red vermin.

PMSL

Since we lost the 1955 Cup Final, you mean, Dave?

You know what, when I was a kid supporting City, I think it was after the Luton relegation, mt Dad said to me very seriously: " Don't worry. That's football. City and United both have good periods, but rarely together. City will be the best again, that's how it's always been. United won't stay top dogs for long."

I believed the old bastard, too.

And one of these days yer wonderdad will have got it right! Prepare yourself Sir Haggis, the end is nigh.

Okay...so they're not "in decline.." but...

They're £700 million or thereabouts in debt with capital repayments on the loans due next year.
They've been forced-yes forced- to sell their best and most media-savvy player to a "bigger rival."They don't even try and compete with Madrid anymore in the transfer market for the likes of Kaka.
Another player that had the fans shoting "sign im up" has walked away from a deal that would've made him one of the highest paid players at the club.That's never happened before in my lifetime.
Giggs,Neville,Van der Saar and Scholes have maybe one season at best left at top level.
Wellbeck,Gibson,Macheda-the new "golden boys" are average at best.You don't excactly fill your pants at the thought of them lining up against your team,do you?The Brazilian twins are the only ones that look anything like regular first teamers.
Carrick,O'shea,Brown,Fletcher,Park,Nani,Anderson.....would you swap them for Ireland,SWP,Kompany,Robinho,Barry or Petov?I wouldn't.
IMHO They have only four players of real quality and resale value-Rooney,Wio,Evra and Vidic.......and they are still expected to compete on all fronts...

Tranny was worth 20 points a season and whoever they get will need to fill his boots in more ways than one.Not easy.fergusons record of buying "big" is extremely hit and miss....
Ferguson is not going to last forever...as musch as I despise the graceless git I admire his ability to make average players like O'Shea and Fletcher play well above themselves.

So for a team that absolutely isn't "in decline" they certainly don't look as healthy as they did two years ago.

Didsbury Dave said:
ShaunyWrightWright said:
This thread is shit.

That's your contribution is it?

Well you clicked on it and read it for a start.

And 6 pages in a few hours makes you look a bit daft mate, to be honest...

Sounds good. You get credit for my click, well done. You've also accumulated six pages and two posts from me. Another pat on the back. Putting my apparent "daftness" aside perhaps rag posts are just getting old to me, but to each his own.

Anyone else think Salford FC are becoming a selling club like Sevilla and Pompey? I sure do.

ShaunyWrightWright said:
Didsbury Dave said:
That's your contribution is it?

Well you clicked on it and read it for a start.

And 6 pages in a few hours makes you look a bit daft mate, to be honest...

Sounds good. You get credit for my click, well done. You've also accumulated six pages and two posts from me. Another pat on the back. Putting my apparent "daftness" aside perhaps rag posts are just getting old to me, but to each his own.

Anyone else think Salford FC are becoming a selling club like Sevilla and Pompey? I sure do.

this post is shit

Didsbury Dave said:
ShaunyWrightWright said:

this post is shit

:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.