Point gained or two dropped?

Unfortunately for too many on here (not the majority thankfully) it depends on whether they like Mancini or not.

Like him... point gained
Don't like him... two lost

Bit dissapointed...but this does mean we can probably even afford a draw against Villa if we just beat spurs and make sure we stay ahead of them in goal difference. If we draw against Villa and win against Spurs I think it will come down to goal difference. If we win against both I we should be okay, obviously thinking we'll beat West Ham as well. Their win today should mean they're okay so they'll have nothing to play for against us...not saying they'll play for a loss but a whole lot of their fans will be with us....let's hope Zola fields the kids or something. :)

Although I am getting ahead of myself, two huge games left...feels like spurs are almost guaranteed to pick up another 6 points so we have to make sure it stays at 6 and 4th should be ours. Still a win today would have given us more opportunities, but I'm over that already.

I'm just hoping Shay's injury looked worse than it was...hoping his shoulder was just dislocated or something.

What's all this bollocks about "a point is no good", what fucking planet are you on? Any point at this stage of the season is good.

Heres my take on it.

Arsenal played decently, we couldn't get much of the ball and it may be the fault of tactics and putting Tevez up front on his own doesnt work. However, this is the Emirates, one of the hardest places to get a win bar none. Yes he did Chelsea in at their ground, but even the biggest teams dont go there full of confidence, they're careful.

When Shay went off tactics had to be defensive to ensure we get a point at least. Better a point at the Emirates than going home empty handed.

Difficult one to call. One the one hand, 1 point was no better than losing today. If we'd got 3 then it only needed a win against Spurs and one other win to get 4th. But 3 points at the Emirates is no mean feat.

However, I'd rather we tried and failed than didn't try at all. Under Mancini, we simply aren't good enough against the top sides and I can't see how we're going to beat Spurs playing the way we do.

point gained. i think we were going for it but having to replace our first choice keeper for our fourth choice meant we had to protect our point. if we win our 2 home games it means we would possibly able to afford a draw at west ham on the last day.

scousemanc said:
How many of you johnny-come-latelies are sitting at your computers analysing the fact that in our situation we should have gone for the win? Well I'll bet Mancini could do with a bit of advice from you, cos you clearly understand the game better than him.

Ive been followiing City for 40 years and today we played Arsenal, AWAY. And got a draw. Good result!
I agree... a win would have been fantastic but I have to say I'm really happy with a point. I'm a bit worried about Given's injury though. Could we get anyone on emergency loan..... Anyone know?

Prestwich_Blue said:
Difficult one to call. One the one hand, 1 point was no better than losing today. If we'd got 3 then it only needed a win against Spurs and one other win to get 4th. But 3 points at the Emirates is no mean feat.

However, I'd rather we tried and failed than didn't try at all. Under Mancini, we simply aren't good enough against the top sides and I can't see how we're going to beat Spurs playing the way we do.

Yeah because that win at Chelsea, draws against Arsenal away and Liverpool are shite.

I could take that statement apart with actual facts and stats but whats the point?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.