Point gained or two dropped?

A draw is better than a loss, but as things stand the difference in this game between 0 points and 1 point is small because spuds are (were) only 2 points ahead of us. A win would have been HUGE!.....and given us some flexability into how we apply ourselfs in the remaining fixtures. As it is,the best thing about this result is that Roberto now has NO choice but to go for the throats of Villa and Spurs at our place. Any thoughts/plans of trying to draw our way to 4th have gone, just like they always would have. Its still in our hands and all is still to play for. My only concern is we dont have the strengh of mind to finish off what are pretty average sides. Its in our hands and we can't ask any more than that at this stage of the season.
We will need to grow some balls if we want to move it on next season, champions league football or not.

Immaculate Pasta said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Difficult one to call. One the one hand, 1 point was no better than losing today. If we'd got 3 then it only needed a win against Spurs and one other win to get 4th. But 3 points at the Emirates is no mean feat.

However, I'd rather we tried and failed than didn't try at all. Under Mancini, we simply aren't good enough against the top sides and I can't see how we're going to beat Spurs playing the way we do.

Yeah because that win at Chelsea, draws against Arsenal away and Liverpool are shite.

I could take that statement apart with actual facts and stats but whats the point?

Two points dropped...

And if we continue our habit of being too scared to attack footballing sides we'll be lucky to take a point from the Villa and Spurs games.

Such a shame - Mancini seems a really nice guy, but he'll never win the premiership.

Uber Blues said:
A draw is better than a loss, but as things stand the difference in this game between 0 points and 1 point is small because spuds are (were) only 2 points ahead of us. A win would have been HUGE!.....and given us some flexability into how we apply ourselfs in the remaining fixtures. As it is,the best thing about this result is that Roberto now has NO choice but to go for the throats of Villa and Spurs at our place. Any thoughts/plans of trying to draw our way to 4th have gone, just like they always would have. Its still in our hands and all is still to play for. My only concern is we dont have the strengh of mind to finish off what are pretty average sides. Its in our hands and we can't ask any more than that at this stage of the season.
We will need to grow some balls if we want to move it on next season, champions league football or not.

What are you on about? A point at this stage is huge. If we draw against Villa next week and win against Spurs and WH it will be down to goal difference, where we currently have the edge. If we'd have lost today and that same scenario would happen we'd be out of it.

Definite point gained for me. Obviously a win would have been awesome, but at least with a point we can now draw with Villa and still have 4th place just about in our own hands (if we draw with Villa and Spurs win, they'll be 3 points ahead - then if we beat them we're level, and it comes down to goal diff on the final day, which should favor us if we beat Spurs).

Also agree with Keegan and Curbishly that putting on Adebayor when he did showed Mancini was going for the win. Thought he got his tactics spot on bearing in mind he's not got a single in-form creative midfielder in the squad (thanks Hughes).

(you beat me to the punch by seconds GFG - I doff my cap to you!)

scousemanc said:
How many of you johnny-come-latelies are sitting at your computers analysing the fact that in our situation we should have gone for the win? Well I'll bet Mancini could do with a bit of advice from you, cos you clearly understand the game better than him.

Ive been followiing City for 40 years and today we played Arsenal, AWAY. And got a draw. Good result!

I agree mate about the result being good and I can't believe that anyone would think a side with Van Persie in it is a weak side?? Their defence was not a bad defence at all.

It's easy to take the Spurs result at the Emrates and expect City to do the the same, but Van Persie only played about 20 mins against them and completely changed the game when he came on.

A draw is a very good result.

BillyShears said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
Yeah because that win at Chelsea, draws against Arsenal away and Liverpool are shite.

I could take that statement apart with actual facts and stats but whats the point?

Two points dropped...

And if we continue our habit of being too scared to attack footballing sides we'll be lucky to take a point from the Villa and Spurs games.

Such a shame - Mancini seems a really nice guy, but he'll never win the premiership.

Fantastic!

Did you think we attacked Chelsea at their place when we won 4-2? because the only difference between that day and today was our attacking force were on form that day.

That wasn't the real, confident, lethal Arsenal team we played today. It was an Arsenal side going through the motions, lacking in confidence.

What we had today was an opportunity. We didn't even try to take it. We are thinking like a small time outfit rather than a team that's worthy of the Champions league. It's usually the sides that have the guts to grasp those opportunities who win through in the end.

chris63 said:
If the spuds would have won 2day , would you be saying it was a point gaind

And if my Auntie had balls she'd be my uncle.

Completely pointless question.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.