Point gained or two dropped?

Immaculate Pasta said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Difficult one to call. One the one hand, 1 point was no better than losing today. If we'd got 3 then it only needed a win against Spurs and one other win to get 4th. But 3 points at the Emirates is no mean feat.

However, I'd rather we tried and failed than didn't try at all. Under Mancini, we simply aren't good enough against the top sides and I can't see how we're going to beat Spurs playing the way we do.

Yeah because that win at Chelsea, draws against Arsenal away and Liverpool are shite.

I could take that statement apart with actual facts and stats but whats the point?
Chelsea away was down to the players and the Bridge situation, plus some very dodgy goalkeeping. Liverpool away was under hughes if you'd forgotten and, after a poor start, we finally had a go at them when we went one down and could have won it.

Against Liverpool at home that fucking Italian coward failed to go for a win when they were totally there for the taking. Apart from Chelsea we've done fuck all againast the top 8. That's why he won't be here next season.

Only on BlueMoon could there be such needy monging after a draw away at one of the big four.

That results means we shouldn't have to win all of our remaining three games, so it's a HUGE point. Grow up.

A huge point gained, not many teams go to the Arse and come away with anything. When was the last time we went down there and came away with anything. I think some on here are getting a bit giddy.

GoForGlory said:
Uber Blues said:
A draw is better than a loss, but as things stand the difference in this game between 0 points and 1 point is small because spuds are (were) only 2 points ahead of us. A win would have been HUGE!.....and given us some flexability into how we apply ourselfs in the remaining fixtures. As it is,the best thing about this result is that Roberto now has NO choice but to go for the throats of Villa and Spurs at our place. Any thoughts/plans of trying to draw our way to 4th have gone, just like they always would have. Its still in our hands and all is still to play for. My only concern is we dont have the strengh of mind to finish off what are pretty average sides. Its in our hands and we can't ask any more than that at this stage of the season.
We will need to grow some balls if we want to move it on next season, champions league football or not.

What are you on about? A point at this stage is huge. If we draw against Villa next week and win against Spurs and WH it will be down to goal difference, where we currently have the edge. If we'd have lost today and that same scenario would happen we'd be out of it.
A point is neither one thing nor the other. We still have to win all three remaining games and would have done if we'd lost.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Against Liverpool at home that fucking Italian coward failed to go for a win when they were totally there for the taking. Apart from Chelsea we've done fuck all againast the top 8. That's why he won't be here next season.

What an idiot.

How old are you, pal, just out of interest?

Same "coward" who has picked up significantly more points per game than Hughes.

J.A.M said:
That was a very pointless point,it did'nt help us in any way what so ever.
We still need to win are last 3 games, but instead of geting away with a drew against Spurs now we must win.
Plus it will now give Aston Villa something to fight for.

a fuckin pointless point..? Why post such innaccurate shite..?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.