Points for the final

squirtyflower said:
Gstack166 said:
mancitymick said:
Those words though are from your OSC and not direct from City. No mention anywhere does it say on the OS that all cup scheme members will get a ticket. It normall works out 10% players and staff and 10% to OSC

Yes, but I think they've quoted Kevin Friend, he looks after all supporters club tickets etc at the club & he's informed them of this (Cup scheme members all getting a ticket) that's what I've concluded from it anyway, but once again, that hasn't been confirmed by the club.

What the fuck has that upstart rag ref got to do with our ticket allocation?

Haha! Schoolboy error!!! Meant to say 'Kevin Parker' apologies :)

Last cup final my friend purchased a ticket with 4000 plus points not on cup scheme.
So taking into account this with the same allocation then surely he will be ok this time.
Of course I dont know how many joined the cup scheme since but I am sure it isnt going to be 1000's

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Last cup final my friend purchased a ticket with 4000 plus points not on cup scheme.
So taking into account this with the same allocation then surely he will be ok this time.
Of course I dont know how many joined the cup scheme since but I am sure it isnt going to be 1000's

The sold out in the 3K mark. Our kid was not in the cup scheme. I rang up at 1100 at the day he was due but they had just sold out. Would of rang earlier but was hungover!!

mancitymick said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:

The sold out in the 3K mark. Our kid was not in the cup scheme. I rang up at 1100 at the day he was due but they had just sold out. Would of rang earlier but was hungover!!
Fuckin' lightweight

Next time get someone to do your ordering for you as you seem to always get it wrong

moomba said:
citytilidie85 said:
I've seen this debate about loyalty points on other threads and frankly the club are now quite clear with the way things work. If you join the cup scheme, you will get priority for semi and final tickets. There were a number of people for the semi complaining about how long they have followed City and that they might miss out due to not being on the scheme and how unfair it was. If you dont join the cup scheme, you will be behind people in the queue who have, regardless of points and how long you have been a fan. People will always want a scheme that suits them, it's human nature, but the club cant accommodate individuals, so they have to come up with one system they deem fair accross the whole board.

There seems to be an awful lot of comment about how the club have made it clear how things work. So should that end all debate into whether that is a good thing or not?

I said before the FA have made it clear that half of the tickets for the final will be given to "neutrals". I certainly think anyone is justified to point out that they disagree with that, just as I think anyone is justified to question whether the current system is a good one.

And it's not about accommodating individuals, it still is about coming up with a system that is fair. It's just that different people have different opinions as to what is fair or not.

Personally, I do think it is fair and clear. ST's cover league games only, not cups, so this rewards those who do go to games but more importantly the cups games. If the scheme rewarded based on how long you have been going, how would the younger generations ever get to go?

The club can't do anything about the FA's allocation, although I do agree that more tickets should be made available to the clubs. The problem then would be is do we get more than Wigan because we have more fans? The FA can't appear to be biased to one club or another regardless of number of fans or how big a club is deemed to be.

I agree, different people will have their own opinion on what is fair or not, I dont think the club will ever get 100% right for 100% of the fans. For me though, I haven't seen any suggestions which makes it fairer for everyone than the way the club does it now. At least we get a choice. For me, this could be last year I can do the cup scheme due to baby no2 on it's way. I've just about managed with 1, but don't think I could get away with it with 2. If I don't join the scheme next season, then I can't complain about not getting tickets. Simple and fair.

citytilidie85 said:
Personally, I do think it is fair and clear. ST's cover league games only, not cups, so this rewards those who do go to games but more importantly the cups games. If the scheme rewarded based on how long you have been going, how would the younger generations ever get to go?

That's fine if you think it's fair. Everyone will have their own opinions on the matter. With up to 600 points for signing up to the three schemes, as well as points for going to cup games and the suggested bumping up a couple of categories for scheme members you'll find that the scheme members will overtake non members quite quickly.

I do also find it interesting that cup points count for league tickets (away games and the likes), but as more people sign up to the cup scheme league points will end up being pretty much insignificant when it comes to getting tickets for major cup games. I'm pretty sure there will be more than a few people who have overtaken my points this season by virtue of the cup scheme.

The club can't do anything about the FA's allocation, although I do agree that more tickets should be made available to the clubs. The problem then would be is do we get more than Wigan because we have more fans? The FA can't appear to be biased to one club or another regardless of number of fans or how big a club is deemed to be.

It was more a point that just because the club have made it clear what the system is, we still should be able to discuss whether or not thats a good thing on here.

I agree, different people will have their own opinion on what is fair or not, I dont think the club will ever get 100% right for 100% of the fans. For me though, I haven't seen any suggestions which makes it fairer for everyone than the way the club does it now. At least we get a choice. For me, this could be last year I can do the cup scheme due to baby no2 on it's way. I've just about managed with 1, but don't think I could get away with it with 2. If I don't join the scheme next season, then I can't complain about not getting tickets. Simple and fair.

Fairness or not depends on your particular circumstances. Personally I don't think you should have to sign up to a cup scheme every year to demonstrate that you are loyal enough to get a ticket for a major cup final. It's not the case now, but I can see time in the not too distant future where you won't be able to get a ticket without signing up to the scheme, whether you've been going for 30 years or not. That to me is a great shame.

I can see a fair few people next year just signing up for the FA Cup scheme on the basis that it's the only competition we realistically can get to the final of?

Champions League - virtually zero chance of getting to the final (at the moment)

Carling Cup - club not interested , reserve team and even if we got to the final each club get about 30k tickets so every seasoncard holder would get a ticket anyway

I would like to see a 'soft' cup scheme perhaps implemented for those who do purchase 48 hours before a cup game, so they are still rewarded for that loyalty?

This ^^^^^^^is a decent idea and could work

alib said:
I can see a fair few people next year just signing up for the FA Cup scheme on the basis that it's the only competition we realistically can get to the final of?

Champions League - virtually zero chance of getting to the final (at the moment)

Carling Cup - club not interested , reserve team and even if we got to the final each club get about 30k tickets so every seasoncard holder would get a ticket anyway
Hahaha
Do that and then somehow fluke our way to the CL final like Chelsea

Then there will be some mightily fucked off people

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.