Points for the final

mancitymick said:
big blueballs said:
It's the here and now the owners and the club are interested in, they don't care if you have been a city fan for the last 30 years or whatever, they see loyalty as cash in the bank and that means cup schemes guaranteed ticket sales, that's how the club view loyalty

Thats like saying the Club dont care about the fans which to be honest is complete bolocks

The club care about customers

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I thought I would have enough points last time and missed out by just 40.

I sourced my Final tickets elsewhere.

Left nothing to chance last summer and added all the cup schemes to my already Platinum /Champs league membership.

My points jumped best part of 1200 overnight and now nigh 6,000.

We got knocked out nice and early by Villa in the league cup and have roughly paid £60 in addition for the FA Cup run.

So about £80 quid for a 1200 bump and a final ticket.

A no brainer.
Tolmie, the thing is if you went to the games you spent that £80 anyway. Joining the cup scheme cost you nothing more - only the commitment to purchase an unknown number of tickets.

Next year, or the year after, there will be more cup scheme members than tickets, so points will start kicking in again. Platinum is a con, and I have resisted so far, looks like I will have no choice next year if I want to go away or cup games...

For those of us on the cup scheme wondering if they'll get a ticket with under 3,000 points, I've just been forwarded a email by my supporters club they received from the club, one paragraph reads -

As you all know by now, we have already been informed by MCFC that tickets will be severely limited for this game; with City's allocation very likely to be cut by as much as 7,500 to 10,000 from that of the Semi Final. (This is because of the FA's commitment to supporting and encouraging grass roots football, by making as many tickets as possible available to smaller clubs, referee's associations etc, throughout England). MCFC may only get as little as 23,000 tickets (anything more would be regarded as a bonus) and with over 17,000 Season Card holders on the Cup Scheme, automatically entitled to tickets, that doesn't leave a whole lot to be shared down the line. The knock on effect to this is obviously that our OSC's allocation, like everybody else's, is also going to be severely cut.

Looks like every Cup Scheme member will most definitely get a ticket if they so wish!

Gstack166 said:
For those of us on the cup scheme wondering if they'll get a ticket with under 3,000 points, I've just been forwarded a email by my supporters club they received from the club, one paragraph reads -

As you all know by now, we have already been informed by MCFC that tickets will be severely limited for this game; with City's allocation very likely to be cut by as much as 7,500 to 10,000 from that of the Semi Final. (This is because of the FA's commitment to supporting and encouraging grass roots football, by making as many tickets as possible available to smaller clubs, referee's associations etc, throughout England). MCFC may only get as little as 23,000 tickets (anything more would be regarded as a bonus) and with over 17,000 Season Card holders on the Cup Scheme, automatically entitled to tickets, that doesn't leave a whole lot to be shared down the line. The knock on effect to this is obviously that our OSC's allocation, like everybody else's, is also going to be severely cut.

Looks like every Cup Scheme member will most definitely get a ticket if they so wish!

Those words though are from your OSC and not direct from City. No mention anywhere does it say on the OS that all cup scheme members will get a ticket. It normall works out 10% players and staff and 10% to OSC

Mental_blue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I thought I would have enough points last time and missed out by just 40.

I sourced my Final tickets elsewhere.

Left nothing to chance last summer and added all the cup schemes to my already Platinum /Champs league membership.

My points jumped best part of 1200 overnight and now nigh 6,000.

We got knocked out nice and early by Villa in the league cup and have roughly paid £60 in addition for the FA Cup run.

So about £80 quid for a 1200 bump and a final ticket.

A no brainer.
Tomlie, the thing is if you went to the games you spent that £80 anyway. Joining the cup scheme cost you nothing more - only the commitment to purchase an unknown number of tickets.

You are right.

I always play the percentages that at least one draw in each cup will be an away fixture.

Then there's an early exit, as we have seen against both United and Villa in the last two seasons.

In truth, I would nearly always have given the League Cup Villa game a swerve (I wish I had), but the money was paid-out so I thought I would go.

I went to the Leeds game, simply because it was Leeds.

I couldn't be arsed with the Barnsley game, the kick-off time and stuff, so gave my tickets to my brother.

Refuse to be fleeced for a semi-final at Wembley, but the scheme afforded me the chance to purchase and let other members of my family go.

I have waited all my life to see City compete in finals and the reality is, money in the bank, ensures it.

Some people don't have that luxury in terms of knowing what they can spare in advance.

I would like to see a 'soft' cup scheme perhaps implemented for those who do purchase 48 hours before a cup game, so they are still rewarded for that loyalty?

people dont have a clue at how many points this wil sell out at

the semi thread started off by people saying it will sell out as soon as it goes past the cup scheme members then ended up with people complaining that it went to open sale

and in between this there were people complaining about kids getting tickets without the needed loyalty points

mancitymick said:
Gstack166 said:

Those words though are from your OSC and not direct from City. No mention anywhere does it say on the OS that all cup scheme members will get a ticket. It normall works out 10% players and staff and 10% to OSC

Yes, but I think they've quoted Kevin Friend, he looks after all supporters club tickets etc at the club & he's informed them of this (Cup scheme members all getting a ticket) that's what I've concluded from it anyway, but once again, that hasn't been confirmed by the club.

I assume you can still buy the away programmes from the souvenir shop and staple the covers to your application like I did in '81?...

Gstack166 said:
mancitymick said:
Gstack166 said:

Yes, but I think they've quoted Kevin Friend, he looks after all supporters club tickets etc at the club & he's informed them of this (Cup scheme members all getting a ticket) that's what I've concluded from it anyway, but once again, that hasn't been confirmed by the club.
What the fuck has that upstart rag ref got to do with our ticket allocation?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.