Points for the final

squirtyflower said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I thought I would have enough points last time and missed out by just 40.

I sourced my Final tickets elsewhere.

Left nothing to chance last summer and added all the cup schemes to my already Platinum /Champs league membership.

My points jumped best part of 1200 overnight and now nigh 6,000.

We got knocked out nice and early by Villa in the league cup and have roughly paid £60 in addition for the FA Cup run.

So about £80 quid for a 1200 bump and a final ticket.

A no brainer.
Points whore *smiles*

Haha!

Unfortunately, the club have kicked off a points race that takes no account of the other 35 years I have already invested.

People saying they will go 'all in' next season are missing the point. The drop-out rate will get smaller and smaller each year, as blues are presented with a harsh reality.

Sign-up or miss out on the biggest of games.

I can afford it, thankfully.

But even those who now wish to afford it, will still be behind those who continue to renew across all the schemes.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
squirtyflower said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I thought I would have enough points last time and missed out by just 40.

I sourced my Final tickets elsewhere.

Left nothing to chance last summer and added all the cup schemes to my already Platinum /Champs league membership.

My points jumped best part of 1200 overnight and now nigh 6,000.

We got knocked out nice and early by Villa in the league cup and have roughly paid £60 in addition for the FA Cup run.

So about £80 quid for a 1200 bump and a final ticket.

A no brainer.
Points whore *smiles*

Haha!

Unfortunately, the club have kicked off a points race that takes no account of the other 35 years I have already invested.

People saying they will go 'all in' next season are missing the point. The drop-out rate will get smaller and smaller each year, as blues are presented with a harsh reality.

Sign-up or miss out on the biggest of games.

I can afford it, thankfully.

But even those who now wish to afford it, will still be behind those who continue to renew across all the schemes.

A bit like the platinum membership, you need to join it just to maintain your place. Drop out and you'll only fall behind.

I've seen this debate about loyalty points on other threads and frankly the club are now quite clear with the way things work. If you join the cup scheme, you will get priority for semi and final tickets. There were a number of people for the semi complaining about how long they have followed City and that they might miss out due to not being on the scheme and how unfair it was. If you dont join the cup scheme, you will be behind people in the queue who have, regardless of points and how long you have been a fan. People will always want a scheme that suits them, it's human nature, but the club cant accommodate individuals, so they have to come up with one system they deem fair accross the whole board.
I think the big problem certain people have is how they perceive "loyalty". I've been a ST holder for 12 years, but I wouldnt say I was more or less entitled to a final ticket than any other fan who goes. If people think that how long you have been a fan for should also be factored in, why not start including how much you spend on merchandising, tops, kits etc... How much you spend at the stadium on match days? Does spending more money make you more loyal?

citytilidie85 said:
I've seen this debate about loyalty points on other threads and frankly the club are now quite clear with the way things work. If you join the cup scheme, you will get priority for semi and final tickets. There were a number of people for the semi complaining about how long they have followed City and that they might miss out due to not being on the scheme and how unfair it was. If you dont join the cup scheme, you will be behind people in the queue who have, regardless of points and how long you have been a fan. People will always want a scheme that suits them, it's human nature, but the club cant accommodate individuals, so they have to come up with one system they deem fair accross the whole board.

There seems to be an awful lot of comment about how the club have made it clear how things work. So should that end all debate into whether that is a good thing or not?

I said before the FA have made it clear that half of the tickets for the final will be given to "neutrals". I certainly think anyone is justified to point out that they disagree with that, just as I think anyone is justified to question whether the current system is a good one.

And it's not about accommodating individuals, it still is about coming up with a system that is fair. It's just that different people have different opinions as to what is fair or not.

We went for all 3 cup schemes from last season to make sure we were all eligible. You get 600 points for just signing up if on platinum, and if you're going to go to the games anyway it makes it cheaper than buying at the time. eg. Utd 3rd round last year was £40 or something but was only £15 on cup scheme or something like that. big difference.

Does anyone know if we will use the Manchester coat of arms for the final?

Would love to see it instead of the badge as a one off instead of just on the players numbers.

It's the here and now the owners and the club are interested in, they don't care if you have been a city fan for the last 30 years or whatever, they see loyalty as cash in the bank and that means cup schemes guaranteed ticket sales, that's how the club view loyalty

big blueballs said:
It's the here and now the owners and the club are interested in, they don't care if you have been a city fan for the last 30 years or whatever, they see loyalty as cash in the bank and that means cup schemes guaranteed ticket sales, that's how the club view loyalty

Thats like saying the Club dont care about the fans which to be honest is complete bolocks

mancitymick said:
big blueballs said:

Thats like saying the Club dont care about the fans which to be honest is complete bolocks

I do think that the club care about the fans, but I also agree with the general gist of the post you quoted. Maybe it's just a sign of the times and thats the way things have to be.

big blueballs said:

Very true.

I took my lad on the stadium tour on Monday.

It was actually quite depressing. A group of 40 or so. As you would expect, made up of tourists, but plenty of English people.

When it was asked by a guide who went to the semi, only a couple of hands went up.

They do have eyes on your loyalty these people and they can afford to purchase it, too.

Be afraid, people, be very afraid.

This is why the stadium should always be large enough in the future.

I would rather see empty seats than see any person turned away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.