Policing in the UK

Tbf to those coppers they did fear for their life which resulted in the SEVEN shots to his head. They also gave him every chance to stop too by Shouting warnings they were going to shoot, Weirdly though the Nine witnesses on the Train said the coppers were lying. Am sure Bert & Trojan will stick up for their own on this one also.
i don’t know the full circumstances which will all come out in court, so will reserve judgment until then

I think loyalty needs to be mentioned when debates like these happen. The police need each other and know that and as long as they feel their colleagues are doing that, it would take a lot of evidence for them to “grass” on one of their own.

We don’t have that and so we can be quicker to criticise.

It doesn’t make either side more right or wrong, it’s just something I expect Trojan and Bert to have instilled in them.

Dick had to go though, once enough things had come to light.
I’ve seen many bad apples rightly dismissed during my time In the job. but grassing another colleague is just a not acceptable in the Police, if they want to get a colleague out use the complaints department to find the evidence and necessary surveillance.

I’ve seen many bad apples rightly dismissed during my time In the job. but grassing another colleague is just a not acceptable in the Police, if they want to get a colleague out use the complaints department to find the evidence and necessary surveillance.
Does using the complaints procedure not count as grassing?

Where would the line be, for you, if you found out that a colleague had done something wrong?

I realise that it’s quite a specific question that probably has 1000 answers, but what scenarios would it take for you to don in a colleague?

The things that you wouldn't grass your colleagues on would you report or arrest a member of the public for the same offence?

Tbf to those coppers they did fear for their life which resulted in the SEVEN shots to his head. They also gave him every chance to stop too by Shouting warnings they were going to shoot, Weirdly though the Nine witnesses on the Train said the coppers were lying. Am sure Bert & Trojan will stick up for their own on this one also.
The problem with this case is that it was an intel led operation and not someone actively waving a weapon around.

With intel led operations, you can only make decisions based on the information you have. The intel could have been sound, and he may have actually been a threat, but to reveal operational intel or sources of intel could have put further lives at risk.

I'm not excusing the lies or the subsequent cover-up, I am just stating that their may have been genuine national security implications at play.

The problem with this case is that it was an intel led operation and not someone actively waving a weapon around.

With intel led operations, you can only make decisions based on the information you have. The intel could have been sound, and he may have actually been a threat, but to reveal operational intel or sources of intel could have put further lives at risk.

I'm not excusing the lies or the subsequent cover-up, I am just stating that their may have been genuine national security implications at play.

I'm pointing out they were Lying bastards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.