Policing in the UK

I honestly do not know how you handle violent people without being violent yourself. A police force full of the empathetic would just be walked right over.

From the internet.
The minimum sentence for assaulting a police officer would be a low-level community order, while the maximum sentence is two years' imprisonment. You could receive a more serious sentence if you are convicted of an additional offence, such as actual bodily harm or grievous bodily harm

And again, for common assault on anyone.
Common assault carries a maximum penalty of six months in prison and/or a fine or community order. A prison sentence is generally reserved for cases where serious injury was caused, and higher culpability is present.

I think if any assault on police officers, firemen, ambulance, doctors, nurses etc was dealt with severely. i.e 10 x those for 'normal' people then perhaps the police and the public can be reasonably certain that the public servants have reasonable protection and that our 'duty of care' to them does actually exist.

Any particular reason why a member of the public deserves less protection? I've always found this an odd way of looking at it.

Absolutely wrong. Any lawyer’s principal and overriding professional duty is to the court, not their client. In circumstances where the two are in conflict, the court must take precedent, even if it means withdrawing from representing the client.

So they can’t try and ‘get every advantage they can for their client’, as that would conflict with their primary duty.
I stand corrected.

I stand corrected.
I’m not saying everyone follows that religiously, but those that don’t usually get found out, one way or another.

And this solicitor (and I would stand in front of anyone and say this) absolutely does not represent best practise, based on what I’ve observed. He also doesn’t seem very bright, making himself a hostage to fortune like he has. Daft ****.

Any particular reason why a member of the public deserves less protection? I've always found this an odd way of looking at it.
I would have thought because we as a society ask them to put themselves in harms way much more than a member of the public. That's the way I look at it anyway.

I would have thought because we as a society ask them to put themselves in harms way much more than a member of the public. That's the way I look at it anyway.
Yeah still doesn't make any sense, everyone should be able to go about their daily business without being clobbered by a fucknut and if they do get clobbered justice should be the same for everyone.

Yeah still doesn't make any sense, everyone should be able to go about their daily business without being clobbered by a fucknut and if they do get clobbered justice should be the same for everyone.
I agree, but can also see the reason emergency services workers get extra protection as a deterrent with them being more likely to be on the receiving end.

I agree, but can also see the reason emergency services workers get extra protection as a deterrent with them being more likely to be on the receiving end.

I read last month or so that co op workers would you believe get assaulted all the time. Every day somewhere.

Anyhow can you imagine -

Hang on he got a suspended sentence for kicking the shit out of me because I bumped into him in the supermarket?

What do you do for a living?

Lollipop lady

You lot just don't get beat up enough

Fair play it's only a black eye, a few missing teeth and permanent psychological problems, I'm such a drama queen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.