Policing in the UK

He won't.

He now faces years of an internal IPOC investigation-and could still lose his job.

Split seconds to make a decision-years for 'experts' (sic) to pick it apart with perfect hindsight.
And most of the ‘experts’ - if not all - will never have been in the position of said copper, who as you say had to a split second decision in extremely dangerous circumstances.

a couple of points I'd add:

active criminals whether low level or somebody like Kaba involved in very violent crimes will often not know why they're being stopped-ie which crime-hence they will be in a state of high alert/paranoia/fear of being locked up and will always be on their toes.

secondly, it is incredibly rare in this country for police to discharge a firearm-once or twice a year with tens of thousands of 'firearms incidents'dealt with.

my own force have never discharged a firearm.

firearms officers get no extra pay.

a couple of points I'd add:

active criminals whether low level or somebody like Kaba involved in very violent crimes will often not know why they're being stopped-ie which crime-hence they will be in a state of high alert/paranoia/fear of being locked up and will always be on their toes.

secondly, it is incredibly rare in this country for police to discharge a firearm-once or twice a year with tens of thousands of 'firearms incidents'dealt with.

my own force have never discharged a firearm.

firearms officers get no extra pay.
Just my contribution to this thread -
My older brother-in-law was a 30 years in the force copper, and he was a firearms trained police officer after being a Royal Marines commando in the late 60s/early 70s.
In 1987 he was called to a firearms incident in Chard , Somerset. A local nutcase was rampaging through the local area with a shotgun , threatening people after a domestic incident. Colin went through the usual procedure in dealing with an incident like this, and after asking this guy numerous times to put down the gun, he shot the guy with his police issued Remington pump action shotgun. The bad guy died almost immediately after being shot at close range with a deer slug round.
Colin was suspended from firearms duties but carried on with other police duties.
After an inquiry and autopsy etc. he was returned to the firearms team and was commended for his actions and in fact it turned out that he should have shot the guy before he did, as by waiting for as long as he did,he put his own life in danger.

From the clip I saw last night, it was a fast moving incident and I don't think the policeman had any other choice than to shoot him. I'm pretty sure that it was never his intention to kill him but to disable him or the car as he was a clear danger to the coppers who were there with his dangerous driving. His family will understandably be devastated but this isn't a race issue. If a white bloke was doing what Chris Kaba was doing then he'd have been shot too. This isn't a Stephen Lawrence type issue where the Met were guilty of institutional racism and rightly criticised for that. It was a policeman doing his job which resulted in a tragic but ultimately accidental death.

I hear what you are saying and agree, but I have a horrible feeling it's going to kick off ,

If it does the police and courts should deal with each and every one of them as severely as they did in the recent riots. This wasn't an internal police investigation verdict. The police officer was charged with murder, went to trial and was found not guilty. Subsequent information has now revealed that the man shot was a very dangerous individual indeed. When he was stopped he tried violently ramming his way out of the police block which could have resulted in injuries and death. He refused to desist in spite of being ordered to do so and warned the police were armed. The saying, "Play stupid games win stupid prizes" comes to mind.

If this individual wasn't stopped I have no doubts more people would have died if he was still roaming the streets. I'm sure lots of people who lived in the same area are relieved he is gone.

Now the usual apologists can cry however much they want about unfairness and injustice. The normal law abiding silent citizens are bloody relieved he's no longer walking amongst us.

Quellesurfuckingprise:

Scum bag drug dealer linked to shooting the day before. Tried to ram and kill police officers, and quelle surprise he gets shot while being apprehended.

Policeman gets charged with murder and acquitted by a jury of 12 people, 9 of those jury had ethnic backgrounds.

But still his family bleat about injustice and the BBC give these people's bleating top billing in the news. Pathetic!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.