• Yaya Toure

Votes: 140 34.6%
  • Fernandinho

Votes: 13 3.2%
  • Kevin De Bruyne

Votes: 9 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Has to be Yaya and I’m David’s biggest fan.

Davids been a solid, consistent, legend of the club but in the times we’ve really needed something special, up stepped Yaya.

Yaya’s individual moments shade it but there’s no doubt David has been a better player on and off the pitch.

Plus, Yaya pretty much won the league by himself in 2014.

David will go down as my favourite player of the decade. Then Sergio. Not sure Yaya would make my top 5, funny that given the above!

This poll shows how far we've come in the last 10 years... David Silva is a wonderful player, one of the very best I've ever seen and it was very close between him and Yaya. KdB is the best midfielder in the world at the moment and I honestly think Fernandinho is one of the best defensive midfielders I've ever seen.

I went for Yaya though. He was the one who kick started much of what we've won with big goals. Without Yaya, I don't know what would have happened next. He scored huge goals at crucial times - the semi final goal against united to put us into the FA Cup final, the goal in the final against Stoke, the goal in the League Cup final against Sunderland. Not to mention the rest but he was one of those players who decided big games. Free kicks, penalties, shots in the area, top corner shots 30 yards out and dribbling - he could do the lot.

I'll never forget going up to Newcastle the year we won the first title hoping to get a ticket for the game. We didn't but ended up in a club in Tynemouth surrounded by hundreds of Geordies. I couldn't say a word, but when Yaya scored both goals to put us 0-2 up I nearly exploded. Newcastle were going for a CL spot that year but I knew a win there would set the Derby up for us to win. He just had the ability to change a game on his own.

On his day, he was completely unplayable. If he was with us now and at his peak, I think he would be the best midfielder in the world.

Anyway, what a great selection of midfielders to choose from!

Many times I’d heard people use the phrase “he gets hold of the game” but it was just an abstract concept to me until I saw the incomparable Yaya Toure do it, the way he could control what happened on the pitch was a sight to behold when he was in his prime. Vinny was the captain but Yaya was our leader on the pitch. His free kicks, his goals, his passing, his running with the ball, his strength in possession, his vision, his close control - he did everything brilliantly.
A personal favourite were the little triangles he, Dave and Zaba would form over near me in the east stand, pulling and pushing opponents this way and that before a perfectly weighted through ball would see Zaba get in behind. It was like being a kid with a hero again watching him play. Forget all the others this guy was the best midfielder in the world for a few years and he was ours. I was glad I was in my 40s while he was here cos I appreciated what a privilege it was, win lose or draw, to watch him going about his business.

Went for Spanish Dave purely because he has been here the longest but could argue any of them. Yaya has had the biggest impact in specific seasons and won us a title almost single handedly. Fernandinho has been crucial in every season he’s been here and kdb is currently the best midfielder in the world. We’ve been blessed in that area

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.