Port Vale (H) - FA Cup 3rd Round Post Match Thread

Have to say that Port Vale's captain, Leon Legge, is an inspirational character. To play pro football at any level while suffering with epilepsy is just awesome. I've suffered with a serious form of epilepsy since I was 7 - I'm 59 now and know how this illness can affect the ability to perform well in any profession - let alone football.

However, there was a negative today. While boarding the match bus home near the South Stand, some Port Vale fans (mainly middle aged) abused some elderly City fans and a young mother with her nine year-old son. Our elderly fans and the young mother gave the abuse back with some withering responses though along with the rest of us.

David has inspired Phil F. However, Vinnie has clearly inspired T H-Bellis. The similarity of style is uncanny, the awareness, and the way T H-B addresses the ball is pure Vinnie.

I didn't like it when the Vale fans started singing YNWA, what was that all about, why try to wind up blues when weve welcomed you to Manchester.

I would like to apologise for the dickhead fans that embarrass our club. Please don't let a few leave a bad impression on us as a whole, and you really shouldn't be rattled by our fans singing where were you when you were shit. It is all banter, Tom Pope has always been on Twitter shouting his mouth off but it is banter. Your players and management have shown absolute class to us.

The gulf in talent was there for everyone to see. You didn't get out of second gear really.

It was out cup final and we knew we would lose. I have found that when we have big crowds (by our standard), some wanker always starts the 'You'll never walk alone' song. I find it a big fucking embarrassment. I never sing it, but it has happened before so it wasn't to wind you up at all. It is probably a day tripper that goes once every ten years when he has a day off from supporting Liverpool from his armchair.

Good in the next round and for the rest of the season and I hope VAR sorts itself out, we are so glad we can can still slag off incompetent referees at our level. Its much more fun.

That young lad Foden might just make it.
Brilliant today. Passion, desire, energy. Always looking to go forward. There’s a few others that could learn from him instead of coasting along.

David has inspired Phil F. However, Vinnie has clearly inspired T H-Bellis. The similarity of style is uncanny, the awareness, and the way T H-B addresses the ball is pure Vinnie.
It's great that our young players have had such brilliant players to train along -side ,watch and learn from.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.