Porto memories

Still making memories, and plenty of Blues still here. Must've been a couple of hundred on the Riverside last night.

Rodri was out with his missus for a quiet meal. Halfway through his carbonara with a dozen Blues hanging off him. Rousing rendition of City..City..as he walked past later.

So, it was @Didsbury Dave who had his bag nicked? Was this before he whored himself out to Guilleme Balague for the pre-match slow walk up the hill LMAO.

Anyway, back down the Riverside for us..

The Jager train awaits.

Laters.
Missed abit out of that there Dodge lol

We were in Ryan’s Friday night from about 10pm until 11ish I think ?
En route back to the hotel & pissed!!! Then we spotted more singing!

Oh let’s have one more , or several!!!

What time did the ex blues appear? It was messy

The atmosphere outside there was brilliant! Got vids of my lad (17) bouncing around with the paisley bucket hat.
He absolutely loved it. It was worth thmoney just for that

what a weekend regardless of the result

until the next time !!!
And it will happen
We got the songs going & ended up a top night. Have lots of videos lol from afew blues to us all seeing our blue family after along time

What a top post that is. Now things are settling down the great memories are coming back to me one by one. Buzzer being respectfully applauded through the square is definitely one of them. Hugging and consoling fellow lifelong blues and mates after the game is another

I heard that it was the Moston cIgarette beef, though.

youve reminded me of something else. Word went round that Vinny had jumped out of a taxi and given a speech to a load of blues.
I was the blue- Mel, stood talking to you about your bag getting stolen when the fights (can’t say I’m happy witnessing that tbh) & also on match day before you both did an interview (stood nxt to the steps) Vinny did sing with fans up the road from Ryan’s Bar & made a young lads dream come true. Looking at all the pictures I was lucky to get of me & US with ex city legends ☺️ (dodge seemed to have missed out I’m with him lmao) & the videos, spending time with our blue family, seeing friends etc
Top trip
Win or lose City are on the booze lol
Hope everyone got back ok & safe tho
See you on the next trip/trips

Met Brian Horton on Saturday afternoon.
What a top bloke.
Talking about the team he had.
He was beaming as he talked about "Beagrie, Uwe, Walshy, Quinny" etc...
He was really confident we'd win BUT said we had to score first!

Been chuckling all week about this. It's probably a had to be there moment.

Me and my Dad are sat, enjoying our beers and talking rubbish to some City fans at the next table. There was a football behind a chair next to them and just randomly one of the lads gets up, grabs it and absolutely hoofs it into the mix whilst shouting 'HAVE IT'. He falls about laughing and thinking he's the funniest man on the planet having probably just spilt around 20 euros worth of beer when a bloke on the next table turns around and very calmly says "that's my son's ball, go and fucking get it".

The lad panics and scrambles off trying to find this ball. We're sat there for the next 30 minutes watching said football being kicked from one side of the square to the other. The lad who booted it returned, sweating his tits off and embarrassed. After apologising profusely and offering to pay for a new ball he made a swift exit. The bloke who claimed it was his son's ball turned to me and my dad, laughing, 'what a plonker, my sons back in Manchester!'.

Classic.

:')

I was the blue- Mel, stood talking to you about your bag getting stolen when the fights (can’t say I’m happy witnessing that tbh) & also on match day before you both did an interview (stood nxt to the steps) Vinny did sing with fans up the road from Ryan’s Bar & made a young lads dream come true. Looking at all the pictures I was lucky to get of me & US with ex city legends ☺️ (dodge seemed to have missed out I’m with him lmao) & the videos, spending time with our blue family, seeing friends etc
Top trip
Win or lose City are on the booze lol
Hope everyone got back ok & safe tho
See you on the next trip/trips
Yes, I remember you well from both days, Mel. See you on a trip soon.

Been chuckling all week about this. It's probably a had to be there moment.

Me and my Dad are sat, enjoying our beers and talking rubbish to some City fans at the next table. There was a football behind a chair next to them and just randomly one of the lads gets up, grabs it and absolutely hoofs it into the mix whilst shouting 'HAVE IT'. He falls about laughing and thinking he's the funniest man on the planet having probably just spilt around 20 euros worth of beer when a bloke on the next table turns around and very calmly says "that's my son's ball, go and fucking get it".

The lad panics and scrambles off trying to find this ball. We're sat there for the next 30 minutes watching said football being kicked from one side of the square to the other. The lad who booted it returned, sweating his tits off and embarrassed. After apologising profusely and offering to pay for a new ball he made a swift exit. The bloke who claimed it was his son's ball turned to me and my dad, laughing, 'what a plonker, my sons back in Manchester!'.

Classic.

:')
That is a cracker

Here's another tale. On the Friday night we left the Ribiera about 10.30pm, pissed up, making a conscious decision not to go too late on the day before the game. We picked up four nice cold cans and a packet of fags to take back to the hotel. We are ex-smokers who smoke when we are pissed. Got back to the hotel, back to our rooms and I realised i'd left the carrier bag in the back of the taxi. So I volunteered to go out on a mission for fags, assuming there'd be a shop open or something. I had no cash so my mate lent me his card.

I went out and started combing the streets. Must have searched street after street for a good half hour when I found a bar that was still open (to locals) and had like a cigarette counter. I triumphantly got 20 marlborough lights, offered the card to which the guy announces it's cash only. In despair I route around in my pocket and find 2 euros amongst the English coins and the bartender must have taken pity on me because he took the measly coins and gave me the fags.

I left in triumph, only to quickly realise I was totally fucking lost. I wander round for another 20 minutes and text my mate saying "Totally lost and phone on 1%". In the end I find the hotel and it's 11.30pm. I staggered up to the room to find my mate asleep.

It was then that I reached in my jacket pocket and found that the original fags we bought were in there all along and I'd totally wasted the last hour.

It was definitely one of the best euro trips I’ve been on.

As for the result, is losing a poxy CL final worse than relegations like Luton, Liverpool and Stoke etc. Is it fuck. I can’t see another relegation on the horizon but I can see another final sometime in the near future.

Here's another tale. On the Friday night we left the Ribiera about 10.30pm, pissed up, making a conscious decision not to go too late on the day before the game. We picked up four nice cold cans and a packet of fags to take back to the hotel. We are ex-smokers who smoke when we are pissed. Got back to the hotel, back to our rooms and I realised i'd left the carrier bag in the back of the taxi. So I volunteered to go out on a mission for fags, assuming there'd be a shop open or something. I had no cash so my mate lent me his card.

I went out and started combing the streets. Must have searched street after street for a good half hour when I found a bar that was still open (to locals) and had like a cigarette counter. I triumphantly got 20 marlborough lights, offered the card to which the guy announces it's cash only. In despair I route around in my pocket and find 2 euros amongst the English coins and the bartender must have taken pity on me because he took the measly coins and gave me the fags.

I left in triumph, only to quickly realise I was totally fucking lost. I wander round for another 20 minutes and text my mate saying "Totally lost and phone on 1%". In the end I find the hotel and it's 11.30pm. I staggered up to the room to find my mate asleep.

It was then that I reached in my jacket pocket and found that the original fags we bought were in there all along and I'd totally wasted the last hour.
Not wasted mate, you got 20 fags for 2 euros

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.