Positions we need strengthening

phil58

In Hughes press conference today he indicated that there were positions in the team that need strengthening and if they became available in January then they would make a move for them although he suggested that it would more likely be summer when they became available.
What positions do you think he has in mind?
I'll take a stab and suggest the following:
Right back obviously. Neither Richards or Zab look the answer
Right wing - Although SWP does great work he loses possession a lot, gives the ball away and the qulaity of his passing and crossing is not good enough.
Box to box midfielder - there are plenty of candidates, Superman, Johnson etc but I dont think Hughes believes they are consistant enough or good enough.
Striker - someone who plays directly off the main man.
Thats my opinion but I might be wrong. What do you think?

IMO we need:
Sub goalkeeper because Taylor is absolutely wank. Right back. 2 centre halfs. Left Back. Right Wing. Box to box central midfielder. 20+ goal a season centre forward.

hilly81 said:
Matt.D said:
IMO we need:
Sub goalkeeper because Taylor is absolutely wank. Right back. 2 centre halfs. Left Back. Right Wing. Box to box central midfielder. 20+ goal a season centre forward.

New team then ? wonder how long it would take them to settle in, maybe the remaining 3 and a bit months of the season.

not saying get them all at once. in january i would get the sub keeper, right back and one centre half.

summer - centre half, right winger, 20+ goal striker and box to box midfielder.

theres no point trying to get into the top 4 with a squad that isnt good enough to do it, and ours isnt because our defence is dire and our midfield is only top 6 material. the strikers should have enough goals in them but that all depends on what mood adebayor who hasnt given a shit for 10 weeks is in. if he consistantly gave a shit he would easily smash the 20 goals a season but the honeymoons well an truly warn off and hes beginning to pick and choose what games he will turn up for like he did at Arsenal.

Matt.D said:
hilly81 said:
New team then ? wonder how long it would take them to settle in, maybe the remaining 3 and a bit months of the season.

not saying get them all at once. in january i would get the sub keeper, right back and one centre half.

summer - right winger, 20+ goal striker and box to box midfielder.

theres no point trying to get into the top 4 with a squad that isnt good enough to do it, and ours isnt because our defence is dire and our midfield is only top 6 material. the strikers should have enough goals in them but that all depends on what mood adebayor who hasnt given a shit for 10 weeks is in. if he consistantly gave a shit he would easily smash the 20 goals a season but the honeymoons well an truly warn off and hes beginning to pick and choose what games he will turn up for like he did at Arsenal.

I'd like to see a world class right mid in january for sure, cafu style rb would also be nice.

hilly81 said:
Matt.D said:

summer - right winger, 20+ goal striker and box to box midfielder.

I'd like to see a world class right mid in january for sure, cafu style rb would also be nice.

maybe, but we need a right back who can defend first and foremost because apart from Onouha none of the defenders at the club are any good at doing that.

I think we could use a right back and maybe cover for left back but i am happy enough if the team would get a chance to settle, i think we have a strong squad which is as good if not better then liverpool. We just need a chance to gel! and i think we heve decent depth to!

gk given taylor hart
rb zab richards
cb toure lescott kompany ned
lb bridge sylvinho
rm swp weiss
cm dejong barry ireland jonno
lm petrov robbie
fw tevez ade rsc bellers

That looks pretty good to me plus the great young players coming through such as helan, mcgivern, huws, zander, karius, olle and veseli! If anything i think we need to sell players!

if we have this team in january ill be happy

GK: given, taylor (recall hart if anything happens to given)
RB: zabaleta,abidal
CB: onouha,lescott,toure,kompany
LB: bridge,sylvinho
CM: johnson,superman,barry,de jong
RM: sweep,weiss,benayoun
LM: bellamy,robinho,petrov (ribery maybe?)
strikers: adebayor,santa cruz,tevez (wishing on a torres)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.