Positions we need strengthening

Matt.D said:
IMO we need:
Sub goalkeeper because Taylor is absolutely wank. Right back. 2 centre halfs. Left Back. Right Wing. Box to box central midfielder. 20+ goal a season centre forward.

I'd like to see Franck Ribery brought in as a sub for SWP. Start Shaun, give him 1/2 and give Franck 1/2. SWP is too predicable in his style of play, good backs can cut down far too much of the threat SWP should have unless he gets an opportunity for quick breaks. Ribery would deliver to Abo, Tevez, Santa or Bellamy and/or go in himself. Robbo can hold the other side when he's back in delivering a more supple touch.

Matt.D said:
IMO we need:
Sub goalkeeper because Taylor is absolutely wank. Right back. 2 centre halfs. Left Back. Right Wing. Box to box central midfielder. 20+ goal a season centre forward.

Agree with the sub keeper although we do have Joe Hart to come back in the summer
I also agree about both full backs however I wouldn't mind seeing Lescot playing at left back and Toure at right back.

So for me two quality centre halves and a 20 goal a season striker would probably do. Obviously in time as we keep improving, players will need to be improved upon like SWP, I just don't think that is a priority at the moment though.

Every position on the park needs strengthening but I believe that the players that we have just need to up the commitment and for now that would give us top 6 maybe, just maybe a top 4 finish..........they get paid enough.

Matt.D said:
supercity36 said:
if we have this team in january ill be happy

GK: given, taylor (recall hart if anything happens to given)
RB: zabaleta,abidal
CB: onouha,lescott,toure,kompany
LB: bridge,sylvinho
CM: johnson,superman,barry,de jong
RM: sweep,weiss,benayoun
LM: bellamy,robinho,petrov (ribery maybe?)
strikers: adebayor,santa cruz,tevez (wishing on a torres)

Abidal is a left back isnt he? and benayoun isnt good enough, wouldnt add anything to our first 11.

ha ha exactly what I thought when I read that!

For me the areas to strengthen are quite obvious and only worthwhile if World Class players become available

Akinfeev, Maicon, Hangeland, Terry, Ya Ya, Essien, Gerrard, Iniesta, Ronaldo, Ribery, Angel de Maria, Messi, Aguero, Torres and Villa would be nice though

Matt.D said:
supercity36 said:
if we have this team in january ill be happy

GK: given, taylor (recall hart if anything happens to given)
RB: zabaleta,abidal
CB: onouha,lescott,toure,kompany
LB: bridge,sylvinho
CM: johnson,superman,barry,de jong
RM: sweep,weiss,benayoun
LM: bellamy,robinho,petrov (ribery maybe?)
strikers: adebayor,santa cruz,tevez (wishing on a torres)

Abidal is a left back isnt he? and benayoun isnt good enough, wouldnt add anything to our first 11.

ha ha exactly what I thought when I read that!

For me the areas to strengthen are quite obvious and only worthwhile if World Class players become available

Akinfeev, Maicon, Hangeland, Terry, Ya Ya, Essien, Gerrard, Iniesta, Ronaldo, Ribery, Angel de Maria, Messi, Aguero, Torres and Villa would be nice though

Didn't they do some cloning in that documentary about space exploration?

How about cloning a squad full of Hughes...s?

Those laser pointers would be a great communication tool as a substitute for the lack of clear ideas and tactics.

Personally I don't think we need to do anything in January. I think Richards will come good, he just needs to go back to basics to get his confidence back. He could be a perfect right back if he is given time, maybe a loan spell away for the rest of the season would do him some good. I wouldn't get anyone in to replace him just yet as we already have Zabaleta, Onuoha, Trippier, Vidal and even Toure who could cover at right back in emergencies.

we need a rightback but howmany can u name that are anygood or aging.[ 25-27] is what we need??????

Word up !

dachoosen1 said:
I think we could use a right back and maybe cover for left back but i am happy enough if the team would get a chance to settle, i think we have a strong squad which is as good if not better then liverpool. We just need a chance to gel! and i think we heve decent depth to!

gk given taylor hart
rb zab richards
cb toure lescott kompany ned
lb bridge sylvinho
rm swp weiss
cm dejong barry ireland jonno
lm petrov robbie
fw tevez ade rsc bellers

That looks pretty good to me plus the great young players coming through such as helan, mcgivern, huws, zander, karius, olle and veseli! If anything i think we need to sell players!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.