Positives To Take From Today

I feel like I did in '96 and '98. Just want to hibernate. I am completely dreading Sunday now. Lord knows how the players feel.
Embarrassed and humiliated I would guess. They have a choice: stand up and fight for everything the last four matches or don’t. What I’m wondering is whether winning the Prem would feel hollow to them now. And if they blow the Prem, then how do they come back next season and start all over mentally? After ALL the work to end up with nothing — that’s got to be difficult. Someone’s nerves will fray; someone will point fingers; someone will decide to play only for himself or his contract or a move away. They’re only human. The whole side could unravel. I know that they’re pros, and only one side can lift a trophy in each competition (and it could literally be only one side this year — a fact that would have to gnaw even more given our chances against them this year, even if the players don’t detest Liverpool as much as we fans do).

But I’m digging a hole because it feels so black right now and this hurts. It’s just hard to see how one recovers, and global sport is filled with stories about athletes who never do from a loss like this. I hope we can overcome it. It will be all the sweeter if we can.

Embarrassed and humiliated I would guess. They have a choice: stand up and fight for everything the last four matches or don’t. What I’m wondering is whether winning the Prem would feel hollow to them now. And if they blow the Prem, then how do they come back next season and start all over mentally? After ALL the work to end up with nothing — that’s got to be difficult. Someone’s nerves will fray; someone will point fingers; someone will decide to play only for himself or his contract or a move away. The whole side could unravel. I get that they’re pros, and only one side can lift a trophy in each competition (and it could literally be only one side this year — a fact that would have to gnaw even more given our chances against them this year, even if the players don’t detest Liverpool as much as we fans do).

But I’m digging a hole because it feels so black right now and this hurts. It’s just hard to see how one recovers, and global sport is filled with stories about athletes who never do from a loss like this. I hope we can overcome it. It will be all the sweeter if we can.

Good thing that they are pros and more often than not is mentally stronger than averages people especially those that have been experienced on multiples winning title like City.

The fans is broken right now, but not those player and manager. They have been through spurs heartbroken exit moment, they can do it again i have faith on them.

Problem with games like this is it will haunt again next season and there will be more strong teams competing for the UCL.

I also remain extremely fearful that given the narrative we could lose the PL against Villa in the final game which might stink harder than this semifinal

Good thing that they are pros and more often than not is mentally stronger than averages people especially those that have been experienced on multiples winning title like City.

The fans is broken right now, but not those player and manager. They have been through spurs heartbroken exit moment, they can do it again i have faith on them.
You can look at Chelsea and see they have been affected since eliminated at the Bernabeu

I wrote this before but Spurs felt different as it was easier to point a finger at some horrible decisions that directly impacted the outcome. When “unfair” is an out, it doesn’t feel as bad. Even if the reffing was on that level last night (still today here) the players overcame it up til the last minute. The failure after that is entirely on them and they know it.

It was a character-building evening.

"If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same.....

Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.