Positives To Take From Today

So annoyed today. I think a bit of change is needed at the club.

We need to be more actively integrating young players into the squad, and we really must fill obvious squad holes.

Not advocating for anything more than that though

There's plenty of positives, or at least reasons not to be negative.

There's the obvious one, which is that some of us won't have to spend over £1000 on going to the shithole that is Paris, and risk watching us lose to Liverpool. Plus our players now have to only focus on the league title, which we're just 4 wins maximum from retaining. That will be 4 PL titles in 5 seasons, which is the best united ever did.

And at the end of the day it's just a football game; 22 men kicking a ball around. Last night was disappointing but City (or any team) winning the CL doesn't cure disease, stop war or eliminate poverty.

I don't usually share much personal stuff on here but from a personal perspective, my daughter gave birth to a gorgeous little girl on Saturday and it was very touch-and-go for both mother and baby. The umbilical cord got trapped during the delivery, which led to a sudden loss of oxygen to the baby, meaning an emergency section had to be done within minutes.

Fortunately they saved the baby but in the process my daughter suffered a massive haemorrhage, losing 1.9 litres of blood. That's known as a Class 3 Haemorrhage, and is nearly 40% of your total blood. Fortunately they managed to stop it in time and she survived, but needed a couple of transfusions soon afterwards. The loss of just another pint would probably have been fatal, leaving two little girls without their mum and me without my daughter. Both are back home and seem fine now fortunately. So last night wasn't important for me in the overall scheme of things.

And between September 2017 and summer 2019, I suffered a series of issues that left me unable to work and, as I was freelance, earning no money. I was over £25k in debt at one point but started to get it under control and reduce it about 18 months ago. This morning I paid the last penny of that off and I can't tell you how good that feels.

So remember that, however disappointing last night was, there's worse things that happen in life and City winning or losing doesn't change those, or the blessings you may have.

Have a great day Blues.
I’m glad that your daughter and the bairn are ok now Colin. Something similar, although not quite as life threatening, happened to one of my daughters 27 years ago and I can still remember that feeling of helplessness so I empathise with you. There are much more important things as you say than a football match.
I’ve just heard that my favourite niece’s husband had a heart attack last night and had to be rushed into Liverpool heart hospital where they performed emergency surgery. So City went out of my mind for an hour or so!
I hope your daughter continues to recover and that the baby continues to thrive. Congratulations Granddad! :-)

There's the obvious one, which is that some of us won't have to spend over £1000 on going to the shithole that is Paris, and risk watching us lose to Liverpool. Plus our players now have to only focus on the league title, which we're just 4 wins maximum from retaining. That will be 4 PL titles in 5 seasons, which is the best united ever did.

And at the end of the day it's just a football game; 22 men kicking a ball around. Last night was disappointing but City (or any team) winning the CL doesn't cure disease, stop war or eliminate poverty.

I don't usually share much personal stuff on here but from a personal perspective, my daughter gave birth to a gorgeous little girl on Saturday and it was very touch-and-go for both mother and baby. The umbilical cord got trapped during the delivery, which led to a sudden loss of oxygen to the baby, meaning an emergency section had to be done within minutes.

Fortunately they saved the baby but in the process my daughter suffered a massive haemorrhage, losing 1.9 litres of blood. That's known as a Class 3 Haemorrhage, and is nearly 40% of your total blood. Fortunately they managed to stop it in time and she survived, but needed a couple of transfusions soon afterwards. The loss of just another pint would probably have been fatal, leaving two little girls without their mum and me without my daughter. Both are back home and seem fine now fortunately. So last night wasn't important for me in the overall scheme of things.

And between September 2017 and summer 2019, I suffered a series of issues that left me unable to work and, as I was freelance, earning no money. I was over £25k in debt at one point but started to get it under control and reduce it about 18 months ago. This morning I paid the last penny of that off and I can't tell you how good that feels.

So remember that, however disappointing last night was, there's worse things that happen in life and City winning or losing doesn't change those, or the blessings you may have.

Have a great day Blues.

I would like this 100 times if I could blue <3

Have a great day Blues.
Great post puts everything into perspective
Glad mother and baby doing well

Have a great day Blues.
Great bit of perspective that :)

I’m glad that your daughter and the bairn are ok now Colin. Something similar, although not quite as life threatening, happened to one of my daughters 27 years ago and I can still remember that feeling of helplessness so I empathise with you. There are much more important things as you say than a football match.
I’ve just heard that my favourite niece’s husband had a heart attack last night and had to be rushed into Liverpool heart hospital where they performed emergency surgery. So City went out of my mind for an hour or so!
I hope your daughter continues to recover and that the baby continues to thrive. Congratulations Granddad! :-)
Hope he's OK Sheila and that you're getting back to full fitness.

Hope he's OK Sheila and that you're getting back to full fitness.
I’m getting there slowly but surely thanks Colin. Wish I could be at the game at the weekend but I know the fans will give the lads a boost with their reception.
He was lucky as the ambulance crew said rather than take him to the nearest hospital in Chester they’d take him to the heart place in Liverpool.
Shouldn’t really have favourites when it comes to nieces and nephews but I’m only human after all!! :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.