Positives To Take From Today

As much as it last night hurts, I imagine defeat in the final against Liverpool would be more painful

Positive (for me at least) Pep cannot leave because his job is done. He could only leave because he gives up winning the CL with City. I don't think he he will do that.

Was chatting with an old friend this morning and he's still gutted though I'm completely sanguine about it all, so I reminded him that last night's scoreline is just 2 numbers in today's history books.

We also talked about feeling sorry for younger fans who get drawn into the hype of this 'Non Champions' League, were once again this year's winner will not have even entered the competition as champions of their own country!
Younger fans view this as the most important tournament ever, but in reality it's nothing more than an inappropriately named money making gimmick. Trying to convince them that the greatest feeling in football is actually being Champions of your own country, closely followed by Promotion and avoiding Relegation is a tough sell, but us older folk know better.

Last edited:
Despite winning a league and cup double, last season ended on a low with the CL final.

At least we still have a chance to end this season on a high by retaining the league.

I can't blame anyone for that end, let's face it their first 2 goals killed us off mentally because the game was more than won before that happened. It literally was just a mad couple of minutes with ruthless finishing from Madrid, there's nothing more to say.

We can question our finishing but we've put 5 past Madrid over 2 legs and lost. We still can equally ask how can we concede 2 goals in a minute and how at the Etihad did we concede 3 at home.

The positives are it was a crazy game and I think it just comes from how we play. We take risks and we go for it and on one day we'd win 5-0 but on another like last night we lose 3-1. It's the same against Liverpool last month, we could of won 5-0 but we drew 2-2.
Don't think we did take risks. We were very passive the first 60 minutes as if we were frightened of a very mediocre Madrid side. We should have played our normal game. They would have conceded.
I do agree that once ahead more pragmatism was in order.

Positive (for me at least) Pep cannot leave because his job is done. He could only leave because he gives up winning the CL with City. I don't think he he will do that.
Maybe he’ll feel that his inability to get over the line in this comp is impacting on the club/players and an added pressure. I don’t understand why we are so mentally fragile in this competition but it’s not inconceivable to say the nerves/tension filters down from the manager himself. Certainly doesn’t happen in the league and Pep is a domestic monster.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.