Possible new stadium - some interesting information

dw7 said:
i thought the nou camp was over 100,00

in fairness city will never fill a 100k stadium

the fan base just aint there imo
I explained this on the other thread. The Nou Camp is currently around 98,000 but there was a proposal to extend it to 106,000 and buil a very striking exterior. However they aren't going through with it because of cost (200-250m euros I think).

Not sure if I like all this Americanising of the PL - we would then become a franchise would we not? New stadium 100,000 - we´d have to give 60,000 tickets for a fiver and what about televised matches?

pride in battle said:
What concerns me that on one hand ADUG were supposedly upset with the MEN saying they were going to spend a billion pounds on sports city and that is not the case,then you give this info re 100.000 seater stadium or a new stadium with the wow factor because it does not fit in with 'their' plans for the area? surely all the above will be spirraling to a billion pounds? it just contradicts other info??

Maybe whilst the plans are not finalise ADUG and the club do not want to quote an figures as you can't price something when you're not sure what the something is.

As PB mentioned we are looking at the options there is still a lot to do before any decision is made

Thanks for the info PB.

I've been hearing similar things, although not in as much detail.

The new stadium rumour is definitely doing the rounds but it's very interesting you should talk about this "plan B", the 100K thing.

I know a chap who is a big shot in the legal profession. PM me and I'll tell you who but I'm certainly not compromising him by naming him on here.

On the phone the other day I asked him about the development of COMS and he sort of laughed and said "The City of Manchester Stadium will not be extended" I pressed him and he kept just saying the same thing, like he had a wink in his voice.

The penny dropped and i said "Ah, you mean a new stadium?" and he laughed even more and said "More than that ,mate, much more than that". He then clammed up but you could tell he had something dynamite up his sleeve.

There's no way City can even think about filling a 100K capacity stadium, by the way. What's going on here? Anyone know anything?

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
JULES said:
100,000, oh please, please , please. we would get some clubs bring 10,000 to a stadium of that size, just imagine........... Get the diggers out, now.

Can just imagine Wigan's 170 in a 10000 seater compound!

And the Taxi from Fulham!!!

Prestwich_Blue said:
dw7 said:
i thought the nou camp was over 100,00

in fairness city will never fill a 100k stadium

the fan base just aint there imo
I explained this on the other thread. The Nou Camp is currently around 98,000 but there was a proposal to extend it to 106,000 and buil a very striking exterior. However they aren't going through with it because of cost (200-250m euros I think).

cheers for that i always thought it was 120k stupid me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.