Possible new stadium - some interesting information

Maly Wilson said:
Goater666 said:
We aren't going to build a new stadium, its daft that people keep suggesting otherwise,

What makes you so sure we aren't? And why is it daft to suggest otherwise?

It just doesn't make business sense at the current time and it wouldn't take 2 years to adapt the north stand in the current stadium, 6 months max.

I just find the whole talk of building a new ground completely ridiculous at the minute.

All three options confirm ADUG's committment to the club's long-term future.

The future is bright (and blue)!

The on-going discussions, even simply regarding the catering, have caused a lot of in-fighting. Hardly surprising with the potential prizes at stake. However, it would not be healthy for this to go on indefinitely and a deadline needs to be set. I am also aware that the corporate facilities are limited by the stadium's size and specification, remembering it was originally an athletics track. I also understand that, for example, the 'builders' have not even finished the snagging in the Chairman's Lounge after almost a decade. And there is no more room, hence the UEFA final requiring tents outside the ground. Hence, it is a widely held view from within that COMS is not fit for purpose. ADUG expect a lot more and they are willing to pay for it. Hence, a stadium may not be the implausible outcome that someof you imagine.

i would hate to see us build a new stadium

it would be a massive waste of materials and energy

while we may have the money doing something like this would make us even more hated by other clubs/media etc for building a new stadium a few years after moving to coms

Goater666 said:
Maly Wilson said:
What makes you so sure we aren't? And why is it daft to suggest otherwise?

It just doesn't make business sense at the current time and it wouldn't take 2 years to adapt the north stand in the current stadium, 6 months max.

I just find the whole talk of building a new ground completely ridiculous at the minute.

It might not make business sense to you or me mate, but depending on what plans our owners have for us, it may make perfect business sense to them.

Don't forget that we now have 200 acres of land to develop on.

If you read through the City owners to turn Eastlands into Vagas thread, you'll read plenty of interesting stuff which will back this up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.