Post a Surprising Musical Fact.

A good friend of my wife wrote whole again by Atomic kitten but sold it to whoever produced/managed them and so doesn’t appear on any of the credits and of course gets none of the royalties. It went on to top the charts for 4 weeks and sold over 2m copies. I think she got £10k for it.

Norman Smith was a sound engineer that did all The Beatles EMI studio recordings up until 1965. He then went on to produce 3 Pink Floyd albums. He was also a WW2 glider pilot.

FOC’s will know him better as…

If you listen closely to the recent remastered version of A Hard days Night you can hear a very fast Bongo drum track which you couldn't really hear before. This is played by Norman Smith.
Ringo was struggling with getting it spot on. And Norman just grabbed the bongos and did it straight away while Ringo played the drums.

Worked as a technician after school in the entertainment Industry.
Worked on a lot of stuff from meeting the Queen to this **** I'm about to mention.

David fuckin essex.
Did a gig a few times with him and he had the same equipment for 30 odd years.
Every speaker they had was a hollow shell , nothing in it.
Everything on dat tape.
His roadies used to pick all the knickers up off the stage at the end from the old dears throwing them on with their phone numbers on them and put them in their pockets.
The roadies also smelt like shit.

The film Maestro is about Leonard Bernstein. It’s on in our house right now and is a load shite. The GLW wanted to watch it because she likes Bradley Cooper.
I know she’s not enjoying it but won’t admit it and turn it off! :)))
I am going to get pissed.

My dad was a good guitarist and always played in a band, probable highlight supporting Thin Lizzy on their Renegade tour about 1982.
But I always remember him calling one of his bands Vinegar Joe, back in the day which I know now was a rip off from Elkie Brook's backing band

On average ‘Yesterday’ by the Beatles gets played on various radio stations in America twelve times per hour every day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.