Post a Surprising Musical Fact.

A good friend of my wife wrote whole again by Atomic kitten but sold it to whoever produced/managed them and so doesn’t appear on any of the credits and of course gets none of the royalties. It went on to top the charts for 4 weeks and sold over 2m copies. I think she got £10k for it.

I thought it was written by the guys from OMD.

I'm mates with a fella who toured with the Mondays and James, with his band trainset. (Booty, if anyone knows him, a decent guitarist and sound fella)
They were signed to the same label, but never made it.
Anyway, this guy tells a story, and I've no reason to disbelieve him, that one night his band and the Mondays ended up back post gig at my mates flat in mcr. (James weren't in attendance)
Obviously there's some participation taking place, and unfortunately, the gaff gets raided by Manchesters finest.
Now booty isn't a druggy as such, but he likes a spliff, as many do.
So he, amongst others, gets arrested for possession, and gets taken into custody.
He's not too worried, as it's only possession, no worries, a fine and a slap on the wrist.
Gets in front of the beak next day, and the judge decides he's had enough of this and gives him 6 months lol.
He spent 3 months in strangways for possession pmsl.
Unfortunately the prison time didn't teach him much of a lesson, given that he spends far too much time at mine smoking "herbal roll ups" while pretending to teach me guitar.

A good friend of my wife wrote whole again by Atomic kitten but sold it to whoever produced/managed them and so doesn’t appear on any of the credits and of course gets none of the royalties. It went on to top the charts for 4 weeks and sold over 2m copies. I think she got £10k for it.

So that’s who’s responsible for that Southgate chant.

When he was a penurious youngster, Cat Stevens sold all rights to “The First Cut is the Deepest” to PP Arnold for £30. It became a world wide hit for six artists.

The phone box at the end of our street was the office of the agent(!) of Mark Knofler when he was a student.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.