Post Crystal Palace match thread

Burned loads of adrenaline today. Felt sick for most of the day. Now very happy with a most unexpected outcome.

Still got a lot of work to do with no cushion, but I'm sure Liverpool fans would prefer to have matters in their own hands

BringBackSwales said:
Yet again, Yaya Toure and Edin Dzeko prove what men they are, and what winners they are.

All season long I have been reading shit in this forum about how lazy Yaya is, and how shit Edin is. Well without wishing to appear rude, fuck off you stupid fucking knob heads. That is all

I see MOTD2 was creaming themselves about yaya's performance.

didactic said:
Oh dear.

6o2xra.jpg

-- Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:09 am --

de niro said:
Just back, god I'm tired but what a day.

Thank you guys I could hear you though the box all game.
lol top top

A proper professional performance from start to finish. When I saw the players stepping out onto the pitch, I could sense they meant business. No laughing or fraternising with the opponent, just sheer concentration and a serious look on their collective faces. Brilliant

Then we just constructively dismantled Palace, no histrionics, no wreckless Keegan-esque bollocks, just a thoroughly ruthless job. We set out as a 4-4-2, but like late last year Dzeko was dropping deep to fortify the midfield thus snuffing out any chance we were ever going to be overrun. Even Pulis in a later interview admitted that we seemed different and he partially put it down to the Liverpool result earlier which I suppose was part of the reason, but we've been here before when we've had an opportunity to make hay and fucked it up, but today it was just different. This is how we should have played against Liverpool, we should have kept it tight and compact and made our superiority count as the game wore on.

Yaya was fucking superb and Aguero looked sharp. We took no silly risks and just did what we needed to to get 3 points and I couldn't ask for any more. Now on to Souness! WTF was he on about? One minute he's praising Maureen for a tactical masterclass in containing the Dippers and hitting them on the break late in each half to beat them, but then he criticises us for not recklessly going for a cricket score when the 3 points is what mattered!

If we'd have done so and ended up drawing or losing, he'd have slaughtered Pellegrini and the team for not being pragmatic enough to see out the win. Quinn called it right when he said we'd put on a professional display and he's correct. A few more of these earlier in the season wouldn't have gone a miss either. The ball is in our hands, please, please, please let's not drop it again.

Solid performance from City..played with superb team spirit and looked good defensively.too,..never for once did city look complacent yesterday...hopefully will carry on this.winning spirit for the remaining games.and well done chelsea..n mourinho..;)

Received a few strange looks on the train journey home. Probably because I stank of beer. Got absolutely soaked when Willian scored. Who throws beer away?

A grand day out

The professional display I was crying for after Chelsea beat Liverpool. While still dealing with that unexpected gift, Dzeko scored from a perfect cross, making we wonder how many of these crosses he ever got. Not a lot, thats for sure.
After Kompany did do his usual "Kompany" by mishitting the ball and nothing appeared from that, I felt very secure. Game over at half time, although in patches during the 2nd half I felt we were waiting for them to score a consolationgoal rather than go for the kill ourselves.2-0, fully deserved and very professional with another strong and solid performance from the former scapegoats Garcia and MDM.
Titlewin back in our own hands, so lets see how we can handle the pressure at Everton and how LIverpool handle their setback at Palace on a Mondaynight. Lets hope we don't give them the momentum they gave us yesterday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.