Post match City v PSG

I expected more of PSG but credit to our boys, we made them play shite by not giving them much space. They're not used to pressure on the ball and when we pressed they made mistakes. Their league is dog shit and that's what you get when you don't play high standard football.

We're into the semi finals and it's incredible. Two games away from the final! We've shown we can defend resolutely, if we can do that again and pick up some goals on the counter then there's no reason we can't make the final. It's fantastic. The semi will not be easy. Real already there, Barca and Bayern potentially joining us... but we shall see. Plenty to play for, for Benfica and Atletico tonight. I hope we get the away leg first again. I think that suits us. The atmosphere was incredible as well.
That's what I wanted to say :-)

Without being pretty, was a very professional performance. Navas, Clichy and Sanga shut down the flanks, i think that was the key above all else. The 2 Ferns were great as well, although probably aided a bit by PSG missing so many first choice midfielders. The commentators were moaning about how we weren't taking control and attacking PSG, as far as i'm concerned we were in control of the whole match, you don't need the ball to be in control.

I would say, if we want to win the Semi, our use of the ball has to be a bit better. We had many counter-attacking opportunities missed and a bit too much passing back to Hart and punting it. But apart from that, this is the blue-print to success for us in this competition. We can't go all out attack against the best teams, they'll beat us.

Navas 3!!! Hilarious.

Even his harshest critic would have to acknowledge that he worked his socks off last night. Nicked the ball for the goal too! Is 'Le Parisien' their equivalent of The Sun?
The title of the paper says it all. If it's nothing to do with Paris it's shite.

The atmosphere was incredible as well.

I watched on the box last night and that atmosphere didn't come across at all,it felt,and sounded,very flat....ive attended games myself where the atmosphere has been brilliant and yet when ive watched it on TV later..... again,it didn't do it justice.....so whats going on??

Edit - just seen the atmosphere thread :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.