Post match City v PSG

Actually if you read it there's not really any malice in his quotes. He says OTHERS might say they gave it away. And says all the best to us. Really nothing to get upset about!

He also says there a better team. How does he work that out!
If they had beat us in either game then fair enough but they didn't.

Was livid at the time but actually glad after the event that their goalkeeper wasn't sent off. It meant nobody could point to a fortuitous turning point that swung the tie in our favour. We beat PSG fair and square and deserve to be in the last 4.

Well done City! KDB back in our side has made all the difference.

Bizarre strategy by PSG. Needing to score, they played possession football, never playing it long and not playing ultra-attacking to create havoc. Consequently, they rarely threatened our side.

It seems to me that we're pretty solid when the opposition has the ball.

It's when our fullbacks (or centerbacks) press forward on offense and then the ball turns over that we're extremely vulnerable.

Credit to Pellers... our defense was extremely cautious, so on the rare occasions that we turned the ball over on offense we were in good shape defensively.

Not playing Yaya (maybe Pellers judged that he wasn't fit enough) was, IMO, big too. Though Yaya is unstoppable going forward when he's into the game, he's just too much of a defensive liability these days. Fernando and Fernandinho pressed relentlessly, ensuring that PSG rarely created out of their cautious buildup.
=========
Hopefully we'll draw Madrid next round... weakest of the remaining teams, IMO. If we play well, I think we can win against Real over 2 matches.

And in a one-off against (probably) Barca or Bayern, anything can happen. They could have a man sent off... they could have a really off game... we could play lights out.... etc.

I don't think we're favorites to win the CL by any stretch... but I fancy our chances a lot more than I fancied Chelsea's 4-years back. We're a shit-ton better than that side.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.