Post match City v PSG

Yeah a guest club that's made it to the semi more times than his side in recent times... they're just a guest club in the quarters!

I think we misunderstand Blanc's statement. I don't think he was insulting City but rather pointing out that City and PSG have an ambition to break into the charmed circle of the CL and have owners prepared to do what is necessary to make up for years of under investment. This QF was very much el cashico, a duel between two developing clubs to see which would join the three undoubted giants of European football for the past ten years at least in the semis, which would be the guest club this year at the trios party. That's not to say neither will get a permanent invitation in the near future.

I was under the impression you had to earn your right to the next round by beating whichever team is put before you.
Thank you for showing me how it really works Mr White, i learned something today.

Haha!

Strangely, with KDB in our side, we've suddenly gone from disinterested to totally motivated to win. I think we can realistically expect a top-3 finish in the BPL, and I'd say we're 50-50 or maybe better if we draw Madrid in the UCL.

Prior to Kevin's return, it looked like the team was mailing it in for all our games. That's totally changed now.
Our worst period came without him too.

Sometimes it seems like the players know he's both the Silva and Yaya replacement in waiting.

Talismanic already.

I think City were pretty damned good over the two legs. PSG had the biggest slice of luck of the tie when Ibra was gifted their equaliser in Paris and they looked as though they might take a decisive lead for the twenty or so minutes either side of half time but we didn't let them and then got the vital equaliser ourselves. Last night Pellers got it spot on. Fernando, Fernandinho, Mangala and Ottamendi played very well as a foursome - the two Fernas played much closr to our CBs so that they could take care of Ibra if he dropped deeper. In Paris this had brought Ottamendi and Mangala out to cover him and created space for Cavani and diMaria to use their pace and run into. Last night it never looked like happening and I have to wonder what the reaction of our fans would be on here if Bony gave a performance for us like Ibra's for them last night. The two Fernas also joined with David, Kevin and Kun to press very intelligently - not all the time did they press high, sometimes they pressed deep, but PSG never knew what to expect and this perplexed them. Pellers' decision to leave out Ya Ya in favour of a central role for the more mobile KdB was also spot on as with no space up front to run into and being pressed further back PSG were reduced to possession football played at a rather sedate pace which was ideal for City to cope with and then play at PL tempo when we got the ball. I think City can take the credit for the clueless way PSG played.

He's not the MoTM but I think a special word is deserved for Aguero. He missed his pen but he came out like a man possessed last night and it brought our entire side tremendous confidence and pushed PSG back. It's really important to set a tone early and Aguero was immense in doing so yesterday.

Still in his pocket this morning ..........

Cf6NR-BWwAEaXeW.jpg:large

Don't know whether it's been commented on already, but last night was a watershed for City with respect to Yaya; the first decisive game since he joined that he hasn't been involved (injuries apart) as first pick; Pellers realising that the cons now outweigh the pros with him against the top sides.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.