Post Match: City vs Barca

bluechampion7891 said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
bluechampion7891 said:
wrote this in the pre match thread when i saw the line up

with a 451 and defensive shape (but not like the fixture last year) I think we would have had a positive result

as such, there was no pace other than Kun in attack, a non existent porous midfield, and our right side defence was exploited way too often

both kompany and zabaleta are playing off past reputation.

barca were nothing special but clearly superior - we could have won had we had a better game plan (counter at pace, set pieces, not allowing them space in central midfield and intelligent pressing in our own half)
Get over yourself you tosser. Its post match not post fucking per match.

So?

the pre-match decisions certainly affected the flow of the game and unless I am mistaken this thread is for discussing the match
Sorry to piss on your chips but no one gives a fuck what you posted pre match.

Given that 1st half performance, losing 2-1 is a great result.

Team selection all wrong yet again. We were never going to have the lions share of the ball so you have to make sure we have as much of it as possible. Playing an extra striker instead of a CM frees up so much space especially when they have 5/6 players all rotating in the middle! MP seems to have learned absolutely nothing from last year and the beating we took of Bayern playing 442. No excuse for that. No excuse for our defending either. 3 players failing to close Alba when he's in an excellent position to pick out a pass is criminal.

Fernando was, erm, Fernando. No words needed.

Can we do still do it? Of course we can thanks to Joe. With Yaya back, anything can happen. We showed in the 2nd half until the sending off that we can create chances against them so there's hope. Kolarov starts so we'll have decent crosses as well. It's gonna take a massive effort to stop them scoring, but we're more than capable of scoring 2.

Hope we pack the midfield, stop them playing, and get Yaya and Silva on the ball as much as we can. Scoring first is a must and *if* that happens who knows. I for one am not giving up just yet.

Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
J_Bow said:
1st half piss poor, 2nd half improved and could have been better if Clichy wasn't so rash. Dzeko missed a few chances, back down to earth.

Aguero, Silva & Yaya - Brilliant

Rest of the team - Frauds.

Yaya wasn't even playing though

I know, he's still not a fraud.

No idea why I didn't put Demi in the brilliant category either.

If we don't buck up our ideas we have to face the battle of losing Aguero and Silva. They were amazing tonight and made me as a blue really proud. Aguero was literally bulling their CB's

I know those two are model pro's and have signed new contracts but they are amongst the best in Europe in their positions (for me Kun is the best striker in the world) and no matter what they may say, they want to be playing in the latter stages of the CL like Messi, Ronaldo, Costa, Robben etc... are doing every year with their teams.

I can't see Aguero being happy with scraping through the group stages and being knocked out in the first round. Its time to improve the team in the summer, get rid of the dead wood like Fernando and buy players to compete with Chelsea, Madrid and Bayern etc

That Front 3 we were up against is possibly worth 275 m with good midfielders to back them up

Great effort in the second half we could have had a couple more and every possible chance we could get a result and even if we don't then so be it .Barcelona,Real Madrid,Munich ,are another level and we need time to get there its as simple as that .

Hart
Sagna
Kompany
Demi
Kolorov
Toure
Dino
Dano
Nasri
Silva
Aguero

Proud of second half performance

Thank god Barca were shite, thought it could have been 4 or 5 when I saw the line up. Milner and Fernando was suicidal.

Prestwich_Blue said:
"Barcelona holds no fears" said Kompany. Well we looked shit scared of them for the first 45 minutes. At half-time, Fernando and Dzeko hould have been off (although not a reflection on Dzeko's performance which was as good as anyone's) and Navas & Fernandinho should have been on, going 4-1-4-1 and just having a go at them.

Not MP's finest hour and he still demonstrates he learns nothing from previous mistakes.

Some of our players are becoming masters at talking the talk....

Chippy_boy said:
I don't have a problem with 4-4-2 really. But Fernando and Milner in the middle to start? Really??? Clichy starting and Kolarov not even on the bench.

And then no changes after 45 minutes at 2-0 and being thrashed?

And then takes Nasri off to bring Fernandino - who should have started? Our magic midfield 3 of Yaya/Nasri/Silva is already missing Yaya, so we voluntarily take Nasri off, just to make sure Silva has no chance.

Dzeko looks lively, so we take him off. And then we take Silva off to complete the master plan.

Utter genius.

I agree with most of your points but Clichy did ok. - never a second yellow - unlucky

We saw it all tonight
How frustrating Dzeko's finishing can be
How much we missed Toure
How error prone Kompany has become
How naive our manager can be
How Hart can be world class
How Aguero is world class
How irresponsible our defenders can be
What happens when as Milner said you don't press in groups
what an arse Nasri can be

so many negatives tonight but if we can turn them into possibles we can do it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.