Post Match: City vs Barca

Pellers lack of tactical nous cost us tonight. His reward for dzekos performance at the weekend too. If we started with 4-5-1 and pressed high up the pitch we may have actually challenged them in the first half. Another season and we will never know.

bugsyblue said:
Pellers lack of tactical nous cost us tonight. His reward for dzekos performance at the weekend too. If we started with 4-5-1 and pressed high up the pitch we may have actually challenged them in the first half. Another season and we will never know.

You are allowed to press when you play 4-4-2..........for some fucking unknown reason we chose not to in the first half, instead give their players all the time in the world on the ball. As if their ball retention is not already good enough, we thought we'd make it even easier for them

11 players who function smoothly as a team and are all comfortable on a ball.

vs.

a mix of similar players who are great with the ball, players who are hesitant with the ball and a couple who aren't sure what to do with the ball.

It comes down to that really. Build a team where everything functions perfectly and only then can you challenge the best of the best on more than a one-off basis. A year later and we're still a long way off. We did very well to leave that game with a 2-1. Our second half performance was better, but Barcelona took their foot off the gas a bit and I'm grateful to them for that.

How can you really expect a midfield of Fernando and Milner to compete against Busquets and Rakitic? It's not even fair, it's a massacre even before kick-off. Milner is a good player for us but wouldn't get near Barcelona's midfield in a hundred years. And Fernando, well say no more. I don't like to admit I was wrong about a player but unless something changes quick, I was wrong about him. Why Fernandinho didn't start is a mystery. Pellegrini bemoaned poor pressing when Fernandinho is one of our best for this.

First post so don't slate me..... But I cannot understand Pellegrini's tactics, watched city for 40+plus years and get the high and lows of being a city fan but we have moved on and why does he not learn from previous mistakes, 2 up front against quality opposition?

Christ this forum has got some brain dead wankers on it...

How they mastered the art of turning on a computer beats me.

It was the first leg of a game of football.

Barca played better than us tonight because they had better players overall on the night but they still needed a fair amount of luck to win 1-2.

First goal was the result of a lucky rebound followed by a reasonable boot by the horrid, ugly rat boy...

Clearly the best goal by far was Sergio's.

I think Barca have a better team than us but we did okay after a poor start.

Being football there is still some hope left for some of us...

As for the "Sack Pellers" mob... Go clamp your todgers in an engineering vice and wind the handle in..

Brain dead kids who should be trying to find a girlfriend rather than sitting in their bedrooms in their soiled underpants.

We are the Champions.

JJ

Just back now.

Fernando is pretty useless when he has his whits about him, but tonight he was absolutely fucked and even more abysmal to boot! Completely ran ragged!

Kompany continues to be the most overated player ever but tonight showed his full crippling limitations. It's like he's playing with someone else's legs he's become so clumbsy and awkward.

In short and to a man we were outworked and outclassed.

MaineRoadBlue said:
Just back now.

Fernando is pretty useless when he has his whits about him, but tonight he was absolutely fucked and even more abysmal to boot! Completely ran ragged!

Kompany continues to be the most overated player ever but tonight showed his full crippling limitations. It's like he's playing with someone else's legs he's become so clumbsy and awkward.

In short and to a man we were outworked and outclassed.

Not sure this is right. They pressed better than us but they are vulnerable. I also think that late on, harts distribution was slow and poor

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.