Post match Discussion Thread City v Villarreal

Re: things we have learnt from tonight

Max_Headroom said:
stavros said:
Dzeko is a confidence player (masively)

Did you mean conference ?

he looked conference tonight, yet when he was on form he looked unstoppable.
lets hope he can rediscover his early season form, or we could be forced to reinforce that area come januarry, bearing in mind the tevez situation

I don't like 4231 when the 1 is Dzeko and 2 of the 3 are nasri and silva. Nasri looks a bit lightweight to me and would be ok in 433 as one of the front 3 but it wasn't until we had both Barry and Milner on tonight that we had any balls in midfield.

I'm sorry to say that I'm back to my original impression of Dzeko. We've been sold a pup there. He can trap a ball further than I can kick one.

Milner Should have started tonight on current form and must start on Sunday.

Johnson was harshly treated in my opinion. The substitution was correct but Nasri should have come off. We lost all our width in the second half.

De Jong and Hart should have done much better for their goal. Why has Hart resorted to palming the ball back into the danger area?

Dzeko was awful

The positives for me were we won, Lescott and Barry played well and we now have a chance of progressing. We look out of our depth at times though in this league.

Needs to drop Yaya, well played Kolarov, i think the rotation with him and Clichy.

On sunday Milner to start instead of Yaya and Aguero and Balo up front

Still out of breath from celebrating.... CITTTTYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's my shit attempt at a gif. Enjoy :)

mancini-reaction-o.gif

Made in Argentina

SERGIO AGUERO hit a dramatic late goal to breathe life into Manchester City's Champions League campaign.

The Argy super-sub latched on to Pablo Zabaleta's injury-time cross to snatch an astonishing late win.

Re: things we have learnt from tonight

Some of our players look very good against lesser quality opposition. Nasri, Dzeko spring to mind.

In the Champs League you come up against tecnically gifted players.

Defensively we look vulnerable at this level.

As the OP says we are much better with Barry in the side.

On the plus side Kun is God.

johnmc said:
johnmc said:
Totally against my perceptions of him before we got him but his best position is an attacking midfielder, in fact I wouldn't play him anywhere else.

Erm this was a thread about yaya but has been merged. Wasn't necessarily a thread about tonight.

Yeah, the mods merge everything no matter what!!

Farzyy said:
Needs to drop Yaya, well played Kolarov, i think the rotation with him and Clichy.

On sunday Milner to start instead of Yaya and Aguero and Balo up front

Yaya can't be dropped the only way he would sign is with him playing every game unless he's injured

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.