Post match Discussion Thread City v Villarreal

Ducado said:
argyle said:
Some on here will wish the match-day thread will be deleted as some of the posts on there are embarrassing!! Some were even hinting towards Mancini out!!!

We played awful, but we played on until the end and won...so, well done lads!!

CTID!!

The match thread is never any different mate, if we are not home and dry within the first 20 mins the hysterics start

To be honest there was only 1 nob head comment hinting Mancini out... And that was quickly dismissed.

But most if not all of the rest of the posts were just going on about how shit we were. And we were.

Masterstroke by mancini bringing milner on hes finally finding his true form and should start sunday. Dont you get that awful feeling though that what weve just done to villareal the swamp dwellers will do to us ala owen all over again unless we keep our concentration right to the whistle. Whats up with nige he dosnt look himself no snap in the tackle very unusual

Re: things we have learnt from tonight

Well if he is always making the same errors , then why is he top of the golden glove chart? Obviously the other keepers in the league must be shit

AdamoTheGreat said:
the bitching, complaining and moaning during 89minutes of the match on here was disgusting...like i said. Have patience, have faith, show some support even when we play like absolute shit. We got what we needed and its all ripe for the picking now. COME ON CITY!!!

not enough clichés :)

Agree with all except Clichy, Stavros. Kolarov has been our best player in Europe. Do think that the British players would drive us more though, hence our having 4 teams in the comp, thinking of the last 15 years when the likes of Terry, Lampard, Gerrard and even a couple of rags have had the "cup tie" mentality that you need. It might be a mini league now, but after 2 games, ( if you havnt got enough points ) each one becomes like the F.A cup, and if you look at the players who worked hardest and contributed most, Lescott (faultless), Barry usual game, Milner ( changed it into a win), then it stands up against the others who were below par.
First half ( after 5 mins ) we had full control but no urgency. 2nd half was more even, but still no urgency. We need to run at players and get them backtracking, instead of passing around and letting them harry us high up the pitch. Hopefully another learning experience for our first C.L campaign, and i still think we can get 2nd place if we believe enough and play on the front foot at a good pace. ;)

Cityfan said:
Only able to see it on TV as I was working but for those who slag of Dzeko one thing I would say is that he kept on showing the whole game and never gave up although he was playing poorly. Many players just hide when they are playign poorly, From the TV it looked a bit as if Nasri did that.

Right, this is what he did ALL THE TIME at Arsenal. I said he would do it here. He had an insane debut which gets the fans off your back for a while, and when I've bought up him being poor since (pretty much every minute he's been on the bloody pitch), everyone just covers their ears and throws his assist stats at me. And now people are starting to cotton on. Being the last person to hit the ball before the next player puts it into the net IS NOT ENOUGH. Nasri is a fair weather player. When you're dicking the opposition he'll look fantastic, score nice goals, get good assists. When it's not going your way he's done almost nothing to show he's got the balls to step up and make himself counted.

And you can all **** off if you think you can just quote this post and say "We win and still people find something to moan about", well there's no point moaning when we lose because everyone is sodding doing it!! :P

Dzeko strikes me as the sort of player as you say that even when it's not going his way, he's going to try and turn it around. He had a mare tonight but spent the majority of the game wondering around on his own sobbing "Kun, kun, come back kun".

Now I've got that off my chest, that was amazing. The game was rubbish, we were rubbish, we're still not as good as we think we are and frankly I'm downright scared about us coming up against Real Madrid or Barcelona, but winning in the dying seconds of a game is a luxury we're ill afforded as City fans, and by god does it feel good. Neville got it spot on, there is no better way to win a game. This could well be one of those eureka moments where the team realises we can go after teams in the dying minutes and win. Like those lot have literally been winning titles off the back off for fucking years.

The match was a mixture of poor form and just bad luck. I' amazed with the way things were going we even managed to get an own goal, because it seemed that every touch, every pass, every rebound was *just* going somewhere we didn't want it to go. We were so close to fashioning some great chances that were just a little too long, a little too hard, a little too this or that.

Oh and James Milner, you star. You absolute star.

stavros said:
Max_Headroom said:
stavros said:
Dzeko is a confidence player (masively)

Did you mean conference ?

he looked conference tonight, yet when he was on form he looked unstoppable.
lets hope he can rediscover his early season form, or we could be forced to reinforce that area come januarry, bearing in mind the tevez situation

What Tevez situation? can't believe he was left out tonight, we needed him. Hopefully he'll be fit for the derby...
bite

Ri8bq.png

Rj0aS.png

QmRYY.png

Sorry about the watermarks. Hopefully there might be some better ones around tomorrow!

Mancio said:
simon23 said:
Mancio said:
edited for accuracy

let me guess...there is an italian goalkeeper playing for one of the other teams you support that is better and that you would rather see playing??????????????

let you guess ? are you intelligent enough for guess ??

hart is repeating always the same errors , or you are too blinded for see it ???

please dont question my intelligence...your arrogance is amazing at times

yes he could (and notice i said could) be questioned over the goal tonight but on a very wet surface it wasnt an easy save....you could equally blame initially silva for the goal as well as dejong as both were guilty of giving it away/not winning it back

numerous times hart saves us....at weekend he did the same with the one on one with agbonlahor.

a goal keeper will always be highlighted by the goals he concedes but hart is only young and already one of the best.....

Juat out of interest who would you have in goals instead?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.