Post match Discussion Thread City v Villarreal

Prestwich Blue - spot on with all that. We started very lazily and casual, which cost us the goal. These european teams know how to defend, but, with Dzeko playing like the plank we saw last year, it was like playing with 10 at best for most of the night. Thank God Aguero was there to knock the goal in, as Dzeko was right behind him and would probably have sat on the fuckin' ball.

Quiet Riot - hats off to you for that mate. Brilliant.

Fans who threw paper at the V player for the corner - thanks a lot you bunch of tossers. Wouldn't be surprised if it costs the club at least a fine - hopefully no more. Guess that's the last we'll see of the blue and white cards.

Jumanji said:
Found this on another forum:
Image4.jpg

Image5.jpg

Image6.jpg

Image7.jpg

100% CORRECT

Re: Re: Post match Discussion Thread City v Villarreal

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
johnny crossan said:
What was all that aggro about after the final whistle - stewards scuffling with Villareal players trying to get at the ref and tv cameras chasing after Silva on his way off?
They thought the goal was offside. I must admit that on watching it on TV when I got home I thought they might have had a point. I'm not sure Aguero or Silva were ever onside at any point during the move apart from when the ball came in from Zab but I'd need to have a closer look. I'm pretty sure he was in an offside position when the ball went to Zab but it's so open to interpretation these days.

Didn't become active until the 2nd phase thus on side
I've seen those given though. To me if you're in an offside position when the ball gets played in from Milner to Zabaleta, and he crosses it like that then in my mind you've gained an advantage.

If they then clear the ball, it comes straight back in and you're onside when it comes back in then I agree it's a different phase of play.

Silva and Aguero have gained an advantage from being in an offside position.

Edit: I know the decision last night was correct under the current interpretation of the law it's the logic of that interpretation I'm questioning.

If a Villarreal player had diverted that ball before it got to Silva or after he'd played it, or it had come off the post then he would have been offside. It's barmy.

Wow, that was an emotional rollercoaster!

We didn't play well last night. We had a lot of the ball and should have created more chances. We didn't pass the ball quick enough in the final third, that's what you need to break down a solid unit like Villareal. Bad performance, but great result done in an incredible fashion. Absolutely delighted with the result!

Individually, we were poor. I didn't think Zabaleta played well, despite his cross for the winner. He tried hard, but there is a glaring lack of real quality in final third from him. Last night proved Richards is so far ahead of Zaba. I didn't think Kompany looked solid at all, he kept getting skinned, very strange. Lescott was solid, impressed with him. Kolorov was brilliant! Really impressed with his attacking play, was probably our best player last night.

De Jong wasn't great last night. He was unbelievable last season, but he's not been the same this season. Maybe he's not 100% yet. When Yaya Toure was let off his leash, wow! I thought he was excellent last night, his driving runs from midfield are the best in the world, unstoppable. He's got to play attacking midfield on Sunday. Johnson was unlucky to come off so early, I thought he was playing really well and gave us that natural width. I understand the decision was tactical, but it should have been Nasri. Nasri was very poor last night, again. Since the Tottenham game, it's not happened for him at all. He floats out of games too easily for me, he'll do nothing for like ten minutes! Silva wasn't at his best last night, but he's still the best player in the Premiership. I don't know what went wrong with Silva, even his passing wasn't great. I dont think we can play Silva and Nasri in the same team, they're too similar. I think they're both playmakers, in that "number ten role". Nasri should just play when Silva needs rested in my opinion, as Nasri is not good out wide at all, he's only good centrally.

Dzeko..what happened? Who was that big guy at the start of the season who was banging them in for us? He was shocking last night. Souness was spot on, his hold-up play was so bad, it just bounced off him. The smaller players such as Silva and Nasri should have been feeding off Dzeko at an angle, but they can't do that if he can't retain the ball. If he starts on Sunday, we don't have a chance. I don't think he will though.

The subs all played well. Barry came on and was solid, he didn't hide, got on the ball a lot and his passing was good. Milner was class when he came on, he didn't put a foot wrong. He has to start on Sunday, he's finally recaptured his Villa form.

Our team for Sunday should be:
----------------Hart---------------
Richards--Kompany--Lescott--Clichy
-----------De Jong--Milner---------
Silva-----------Toure---------Aguero
--------------Balotelli--------------

Thought watching last night was very frustrating we just didn't seem to have the movement around the box when we attacked.

Substitutions were spot on Yaya gives us a lot more support when pushed up front a bit. Johnson wasn't great, Nasri was woeful and has been for a while, i wonder what his roll is suposed to be in the team at times (Milner before him for me at the mo)

How Kolorov got MOM beggers belief - the amount of times they got in behind him was frightening. Jury still out on Dzeko - first touch needs to improve.

Not one of Silvas better games but at least he's involved throughout

Comrade Buka said:
MelbourneBlue said:
Can someone describe the goal, lead up play etc...stuck at work

Milner on the right side (or Zab, not sure) passing to overlapping Zab (or Milner), four guys rushing into the box, low hard cross comes in. Silva dummies it, Dzeko on the far post would get the tap in, but Aguero beats him to it. Easiest tap in you can imagine.

Done and done. Gotta say, Silva's dummy was fucking world class. He must have seen Aguero and Dzeko rushing to the far post. If not, it was a fucking crazy move from Silva.

silva went to the near post the ball was played slightly behind him,he tried to back heel flick it in(ha ha wtf am i talking about)got a very slight touch,when it went in i was looking for the linesman,i thought that it wouldnt count ,yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss,hahahaha

sir peace frog said:
silva went to the near post the ball was played slightly behind him,he tried to back heel flick it in(ha ha wtf am i talking about) got a very slight touch,when it went in i was looking for the linesman,i thought that it wouldnt count
but as jumanji's pic shows that would have been a triple tragic travesty
Image7.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.