Post Match Reaction Thread (Please post in here)

Re: This is enough for me now.

Pigeonho said:
Mancini can get the fuck out, as can Balotelli.
That's it, all I can fucking be arsed saying. Expecting abuse, 'rag' tags, this, that, whatever. We should be BETTER than this, and our season is falling apart. United in the semi's?! May as well just fuck it all off.
Not impressed. Not impressed one fucking twat-faced measley bit.
May as well fuck a semi final in the fa cup off? we aint been in one for 30 years. When the goin gets tough the weak give up, fuckin wind your neck in.

K.Reeves right foot said:
skybluepete said:
hey midnight,sit down,its at the other end of the pitch where we have massive problems-we got into some great situations today but the pass choice or quality of ball in the last third was shocking if it wasnt we had the chance to hurt them,you should be more worried about fuckin dzeko n kolarov mate,oh n yaya,weve forgot how to hit the back of the net
Just listening to Stevie Lomas on the radio saying he knows personally that Mancini doesn't work on forward play at all in training as he is obsessed with defensive shape and what to do when we don't have the ball. Hardly suprisning then that as an attacking force we are worse than Blackpool.

Then Steve Lomas is an absolute liar. Read the training reports on here everyday.

I am finding it harder and harder to be positive about Kolarov. I have always backed him up... but after today I don't think I can hide behind my optimism longer.
He's okay I guess, but if he doesn't pick up a hefty amount of speed over the summer break and builds up his stamina, well then he is not the left back we need.

I think we have turned into one of the most boring teams to watch. I'm sad to say this but honest.

Gentlemen,
Could only listen on the radio today so unable to give a reasoned argument. But during the game they kept switching to Glasgow and the underlying theme there was the fact that Rangers having played on Thursday were tired. Back to our game even after hearing what was being said absolutely no allowances were being made for City.
I thought Chelsea won because Ancillotti is nobody's mug he knew that if it wa s still level up to the last half hour, our tiredness would be apparent. That is why he kept his powder dry and kept Anelka and Drogba back to skin us at the end.
Remember this, was it only a few years back we were battered 6 nil.
Patience should be our watchword.

I've often been a Mancini supporter. I agreed the Arsenal result was a good one, even the Spurs away result was brilliant at the time but a pattern is emerging.

Standard procedure against these teams cannot be to just defend and win the rest of the games in the league, especially when you aren't winning the rest! I'm all for being solid at the back i really am but in the last few games we have looked completely clueless going forward and the pressure we get placed under because we can't keep any possession in their half due to the lack of any midfield is getting ridiculous.

We have a bloke who played centre back in the Champions League final playing the attacking midfielder role, Yaya is just not physically made to play where he is doing compared to someone else who is natural to the role, he is big yes but he's not quick enough when it comes to expanding play and he just looks knackered all the time.

We need to get some proper players in this summer, players that were made for their purpose. Not half options like putting Kolarov in midfield and hoping because he CAN play there means he is good at it. He didn't do that today but still Kolarov and Richards need to become the extra midfield and it's just not happening at all. There are 0 crosses coming in and Silva is stretched doing the work of a whole attacking midfield himself.

Today showed we are a capable defensive unit but anyone is when defending in numbers, hell Everton taught us exactly how it should be done at Eastlands this season. I'm getting fedup frankly of being stuck where we are, of course its going to take time but we need to be positive and playing all players behind the ball and 8-9 men in the box to block shots isn't positive thinking its just making up for the lack of attacking ideas we really have.

I mean we are 2 losses on the bounce now pure and simply down to the fact we cannot score goals. The last few goals we scored were 2 set pieces and a goalkeeping howler, we barely managed through against a Championship side where we chose to play risk free, slow and unimaginative football which barely got the job done. We cannot keep relying on this luck because we were lucky against Spurs and Arsenal yet there will always be days like today where it won't drop for us, carry this mentality into Europe and we'll get battered we can't even get through to the quarter finals of the mickey mouse European league never mind the big one, it just isn't progress at all.

To move forwards we desperately need some pace and width, some other option then relying on Silva playing a perfect pass because he's absolutely knackered and can't do it for 270 minutes a week. The excuse against Arsenal pretty much summed it up in the fact that we went to defend because Silva was injured, are we really that desperate for ideas that we rely on one single player to even attack. Now the excuse is we missed Tevez today, another total reliance on a player. I thought this was a team game.

The entire shape, everything needs a rethink, i know Mancini wants us to be solid but that should be the BASE, it shouldn't be what this team is made to do because no team in the world can play like that every week and expect to win anything, you win games by scoring more goals then the other team and at the moment it's just not working.

Re: The difference between us and Chelsea today

Johnno's sicknote said:
Totally Agree as annoying as its been this season we have to give them all time ! Time being more than one season !
Pride_In_Battle said:
Team spirit. Their players aren't that much better than ours, our defence kept everyone especially Torres, Malouda and Lampard especially quiet today. However, you can tell our players aren't playing for each other and the club as much as Chelsea were, most witnessed when their first went in.

Unfortunately, the only thing we can do is stick with the same group (INCLUDING THE MANAGER!), and it WILL come in time. Knee jerk reactions get you no-where. Manchester United are a very very average team on paper, but the majority of them have played together for years and as a result sit (quite comfortably) at the top of the table, mainly as a result of the legacy that Ferguson as forged in his time there.

Winning a trophy will help speed this along, but chopping and changing and making 6 or 7 signings each season is counter-productive and will get us no-where fast. Have faith. We have the players, we have one of the most talented managers in the world, and next season we will shine. Half of our team today arrived in the summer, it will take them a season to get used not only to the Premiership itself, but to playing with each other, life in a new country away from family and friends, new tactics and a new set of fans.

To shamelessly steal and tweak a famous movie quote: If we build it, it will come.

Have faith.
I have to agree here. But I'm getting worried about what will happen this season if we carry on the way we are doing.

Although I am not in anyway blaming the ref for our defeat I thought he was poor. 6 tackles from Chelsea players from behind and nothing but warnings. Milners makes a good hard tackle and is booked. Not to mention the 3 man chelsea assault on him and nothing is said.
Still confident for 3rd, tbf chelsea did owe us one.

Damocles said:
K.Reeves right foot said:
Just listening to Stevie Lomas on the radio saying he knows personally that Mancini doesn't work on forward play at all in training as he is obsessed with defensive shape and what to do when we don't have the ball. Hardly suprisning then that as an attacking force we are worse than Blackpool.

Then Steve Lomas is an absolute liar. Read the training reports on here everyday.
Easy to say on a message board - bet you wouldn't say that to his face mate.
And yes i read the training reports and there is never a mention of attacking work outs, Just shape, defending and then games of 11 v 11 or smaller sides. Thankyou.

OrigamiNinja said:
zandvoort blue said:
fuck me..............we just played the current champions away after playing Kiev with 10 men on thursday night. A nil/nil result would have been fantastic, but we fell short, and only just.
Judge Mancini come the end of the season, not at this moment in time.

We are going to finish in one of two places, its either 4th or 5th! 4th is the absolute minimum we should be finishing and 5th is nothing short of a disaster. Either way he will have done it by on the whole playing dire football and what has to be asked is....Can we win the title under Mancini? Because that is the ultimate aim, for me the answer is no, you cant win the league by playing for 0-0 every time you play away from home and 1-0 every time you play at COMs.

Quite simply put mate, but spot on

Every game now seems to be the same, trying to nick a 1-0

Re: In 44 years i can't remember us being so BORING

Damocles said:
Really?

Did you just miss out the whole Pearce era?

Yeah, fair point.

We should compare Mancini's time in charge with that of Pearce's time in charge...

The resources they had are so similar, aren't they?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.