Post Match Reaction Thread (Please post in here)

Re: We are wasting our time

de niro said:
K.Reeves right foot said:
Come on DeNiro - that must be a wind up!
Are you blind? He was a disgrace, booking only our players changed the game, our players had to play like girls and Chelsea knew that.
He wanted our players getting cards in order to rack up bans for the semi.

Fucking plain as day to me.
I'm not mancini 's biggest fan but things are against him at the moment and the refs are the main culprits.
Why would he want that? What benefit is it to him? Sorry DN, but this is paranoia at the highest level, and there is some serious paranoia on this forum...

Irish__blue said:
Another big game lost by RM negative tactics. We'll finish 5th & the rags will beat us in the cup no doubt about it.. ive no confidence in this team whatsoever. Just wait and see.

I'm afraid I agree.

You see the problem is that yesterday we were not particularly unlucky. The ref wasn't particularly bad. Our play wasn't signignificantly below par. Dzeko's first touch hadn't mysteriously and uncharacteristically lost him. Barry's pace hadn't mysteriously gone. It wasn't "just not our day".

No, this was a normal game. All of the above things ARE true, but they always are like this. There was nothing unusual about it. Played again we'd lose it another 8 times out of 10, scrape a draw in 1 and fluke a win in the other.

The bottom line is we are just not good enough. We can debate the reasons, but we are consistently bad. The odd moments of attacking brilliance - or even competence - are the exception, not the norm.

Chippy_boy said:
Irish__blue said:
Another big game lost by RM negative tactics. We'll finish 5th & the rags will beat us in the cup no doubt about it.. ive no confidence in this team whatsoever. Just wait and see.

I'm afraid I agree.

You see the problem is that yesterday we were not particularly unlucky. The ref wasn't particularly bad. Our play wasn't signignificantly below par. Dzeko's first touch hadn't mysteriously and uncharacteristically lost him. Barry's pace hadn't mysteriously gone. It wasn't "just not our day".

No, this was a normal game. All of the above things ARE true, but they always are like this. There was nothing unusual about it. Played again we'd lose it another 8 times out of 10, scrape a draw in 1 and fluke a win in the other.

The bottom line is we are just not good enough. We can debate the reasons, but we are consistently bad. The odd moments of attacking brilliance - or even competence - are the exception, not the norm.

Very good post mate that sums it up.

Is anyone really surprised, apart from the head in the sand brigade who will know doubt tell us to get behind our master tactician - we're 4th (previously 3rd, 2nd, delete where appropriate. ) Do you really think we're going to finish above spurs? He's incapable or too stubborn to change his self defeating negative tactics and it's going to cost him his job, which i don't care about but what I do care about is that we're going to miss out on champions league football at a crucial time in the club's history, with the UEFA fair play rules set to kick in along with the fact that we will never have a better chance than this season..it'll be twice as hard next season. Tired? then why didn't he change his starting eleven....don't pick yaya toure in midfield....he's obviously knackered....if djeko is starting on his own up front, play swp and aj on either wing.....if they're on the bench, they're fit to play, take them off later when they tire, hopefully the damage is done and the home side will have to chase the game....i've thought kolarov was shit from his first match in a blue shirt...and what was balotelli doing on the bench/pitch after thursday....life was shit in division2 but having spent all this money for so little return, is heartbreaking....we haven't won away since boxing day for christ's sake.

Chippy_boy said:
Irish__blue said:

I'm afraid I agree.

unfortunately true

Chippy_boy said:
Irish__blue said:

I'm afraid I agree.

Agree - some of our players are just not good enough - the question has to be begged with so much cash at our disposal - WHY aren´t they good enough? Mancini or Marwood?

Very disappointed AGAIN by a display of Italian style football ( I use the term loosely). We beat Chelsea at Stamford bridge last year by playing attacking football, ok we rode our luck at times but we always carried a threat of scoring. Yesterdays total capitulation and lack of enterprise is I am afraid a preview of what CITY fans have got to look forward to if Mancini is left in charge of our team. Sat in boozer yesterday trying to defend that crap against the rags and bindippers was hard work.

We need to get rid of the ponderous unimaginative plodders in midfield. Barry and Milner are nowhere near the quality we require and having Yaya staggering about, gasping for air, like a 60 a day man after about 20 minutes, on 200 grand a week, is just silly.

Apologies if posted already but too many pages to scan through.

One of the most exciting "up and at 'em" teams to watch in the Premiership this season has been Blackpool. Can you imagine them with a massive stadiium and crowd, a better defence and top quality strikers? They'd be pushing for top 4 easily and be entertaining the fans every game.

Why the calls for another foreign manager? Haven't we got the talent under our noses?

Not overly bothered by the result yesterday, expected we would struggle to get anything. Without Tevez and with a very tired team we looked better than we should have for most of the game.

We did play very well for 60+ minutes, and can count ourselves unlucky overall. We were not overly defensive, and indeed carved out some serious chances. On another day...

What did frustrate me was the performance of the ref. I'm yet to see that off the ball challenge on Milner again, but my reaction at the time was that it was a very obvious red for serious foul play. For the referee and the linesmen to all miss that was close to complete incompetence.

Up until the first goal went in, the foul count was at something like 17 to Chelsea and 2 to us. And we had players booked on both occasions, whilst Ramieres' persistent fouling and Essien's dangerous lunges were ignored.

Back to City and our future, this is where Mancini has to show he can handle it all and come out the other side victorious. We are still in the FA Cup, and have an excellent chance of winning it, and top 3 is still on for us.

No need to destabilise the boat any further - that is exactly what the rest want. We know where we stand and what we need to do, and sure Mancini does as well. We have a slight break now and the chance to actually work on a few things.

Oh, and on a slightly related note, John Terry England Capitan? Well done Cappello, now I know I have truly fallen out of love with International Football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.